Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got a 89 bronco my first efi bronco so im new at all this computer control stuff.
when started the broncos rpm is at 1500-2000 until it worm's up then it will drop down to about 700-900 the problem is sometimes it will stagger, and rpm will drop then rise. it will do it for awhile sometimes it will straighten out, and sometimes it wont do it at all. at first i thought injector problem, but now im thinking it is a sensor problem not sure any help would be appreciated.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,531 Posts
idle air control, just take it off and spray it with some carb cleaner to clean out the carbon

go to fordfuelinjection.com....really good EFI site that fireguy put together

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey thank's again for the help i'll try to clean the iac/iab up tommarrow hopefully that work's. i have another question on the fordfuelinjection.com site it says to check the computer code's do i need to do that if the check engine light has'nt come on, or should i check the code's anyway? thank's

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,858 Posts
you can check it anways. Not all problems will make the light pop ON. Some things just register in the memory and the computer keeps on going. So you could have codes and not even know it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.