Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st
Ok there are times that I will put it in park and it will be idleing really high and I can't get it back down.. I checked the linkadge lastnight the springs where alittle rough looking so I put some w-40 on it and set the idle screw and it did again this morning after i drove about 30 minutes..

2nd
drove to work this morning and shut it off to go in hardee's and came back out and it acted like the battery was dead.. had to sit there for a few minutes and it finally started.. I can let it set for a day or a week and it will fire right up but if I drive it a while and shut it off and try to restart it it acts like it is dead and drags to start? Please help?

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,421 Posts
I'm assuming since it a 90 that it's EFI and you didn't change it over to carb. For the idle problem start with cleaning the IAC(search on this it gets asked all the time). For the hard start when it's hot it could be the starter starting to go bad, heat soaked or the TFI module going bad. You can remove them and have them both tested for free.

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Bob hit it on the nose.. I'd try that first and if you still have problems let us know..

·
Lick my balls
13,029 Posts
For problem #2 check/clean your battery connections and make sure you have a good ground

1 - 7 of 7 Posts