Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lats weekend i cleaned my throttle body with a spray cleaner ment for the task. when i got done and try'd to start it, it didn't want to start right off, took a few try's ran rough at first. i opened the trottle a bit to help get the cleaning stuff out of it. when i let it come back dow to idle it was high, like 1200 rpms on the factory tac. i took it for a short drive and it lowered to 1000 in park 800 or so in drive on the brakes stoped. then yesterday while stoped at a light it started to idle lower but it was rough. when i pulled away it try'd to stall and blew out black smoke like a carb with the choke on. cleared up past 1000 rpms and was fine for the rest of the drive. did the same thing again on the way home, it hapens right around the time the thermostat opens up. i had pulled the codes out of it the night before try'n to find a lead on the idle problem. nothing there but got a 31 pfe,evp or evr circuit below mimnimum voltage, replaced the evp sensor. all so a 54 cat sensor circuit open, but that was my falt unpluged it and try'd to start the engine with out it. can anyone help mw with this???? kinda new to the efi stuff

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am having a similiar problem with my 90 5.8! Only in park though. Havent pulled codes, but i will tomorrow. Replaced my AIC valve-that is a common related problem.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts