Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup our idler tensioner pulley's bolt broke.. Causing the belt to break and hit one of our tranny cooler lines..

This was a brand new part and bolt installed by the mechanic. I feel it's an error on their part by over tightening it.. I wanted to get some opinions so I can safely say it's their fault and they have to pay for it..

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
call them and talk to the mechaninc. people do get bad stuff from the factory or wherever it is made. shit happens sucks but it does

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
Steve83 said:
Even if it was just a bad part (which is entirely possible), it's still their responsibility, including the tow.

i wasnt saying it wasnt. all i am saying is too many people bash mechanincs without talking to them. that is all im saying

ken

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've already spoken to the mechanic.. I used to work on cars for a living and know how it is.. I never raised my voice to him or got upset.. I just wanted to cover all my options before blame is placed..

He said him and I will start it together and we'll see if something else could have cause it, but I don't see what could have.. They were the last people to service it.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My wife just told me that they said they didn't charge me for the tensioner install to begin with.. Which I think is a bunch of bull.. I like these guys and don't want to have to find a new mechanic..

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I remember the job being 1,500 and something dollars and then the last thing I told them to do was the tensioner and it went up to 1,602.

Then after I had them do the fan clutch the next day, but we payed with that in cash..

I'm going to run over there in a little bit and check our reciept. (We left it in the bronco) and see what all is going on

·
green ones make me horny
11,154 Posts
Steve83 said:
ken
I was actually replying to Spectre (& agreeing with you in the parentheses). :shrug Whether it was an error or a defective part, the shop that did the work has to warranty it for a while even if they did nothing wrong. I'm saying I wouldn't even worry about placing "blame" - that's between the manager & the technician. "Responsibility" is what matters, and it's not Spectre's.

ahh gotcha steve sorry sir. i didnt have coffee in me at that point yet.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update:

Well we picked up the bronco and when I came back to pick up my motorcycle the mechanic says I am responsible to pay for the tow and the belt.. I'm on the fence with the tow and if I pay for it I won't be to upset about it, but the belt.. I don't think I should have to pay for that..

·
Registered
77 Posts
I would almost expect them to argue with you about the tow in my experience. However, I'm really surprised they are argueing with you over the belt. It doesn't even sound like they gave you a viable excuse for why it isn't their fault. Have they identified why the new tensioner failed? Especially after the bill you just paid, they should have fixed that right back up for you just to ensure your future business.

so my 0.02, you shouldn't have to pay for that belt....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts