Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
76.2 miles divided by 3.663 gallons equals 20.8 mpg. holy captain fuel mileage batman. this was in town too. and i was not babying it. all stock F150 with 32's and stock gears.

take THAT poopy_pants!!!! :goodfinge

p.s. not sure where to put this, if in the wrong forum, please move.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JB said:
wrong forum, its for 80-96 BRONCOS :goodfinge

i get about half of what you get
ya ya, kiss my fat ass. :goodfinge

na na na boo boo. :toothless

this tank was just going to work and back. i usually hit mostly green lights, or at least the red light turns green once i get up to it, so i never stop, and i cruise (mostly) between 45-50mph in OD.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Why is that? It really makes no sense, how do you guys get such bad milage, I get decent like 15-16 city, and a little over 20 highway and I don't drive like a little old lady either.

·
Dead Horse
5,931 Posts
chevysuck said:
Why is that? It really makes no sense, how do you guys get such bad milage, I get decent like 15-16 city, and a little over 20 highway and I don't drive like a little old lady either.
is your odometer calibrated if you have different tires that stock?

i took mine to the lake once, and got 17 mpg
to the beach i got 15.7

but around town and mixed driving, its more like 11.3

·
Registered
961 Posts
My tires are stock the speedo and odometer are correct, maybe I just get decent milage?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
92'302 with 32x11.5 stock gears , msd 9mm cheap plugs gap at .060. catco system, flowmaster 40, getto K&n w/r12 wrap:thumbup , new wheel bearings, new calipers and brakes.

city 14mpg , avg mix drive 16mpg, hwy @70 21mpg:shocked
and yes speedo is fixed

my s10 2 wheel 4banger 2001 best is 22 hwy and 16 mixed/city

wich one do you think i drive

·
Registered
5,407 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
You claim better economy than the vehicle had new off the factory line, and thats not possible
so 3 of us is wrong on this post.
21 only happens on long trips from kc to spingdale. and vs normaly its 19hwy:thumbup

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Dipshit, you forgot to add the IMHO at the end.

That is my opinion, there are many like it, but this one is mine. :thumbup

Yeah, I think you should quit using a solar powered calculator at nite. :toothless

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Right here, waiting to see if you get irritated at my mear existence. :thumbup

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
MyFullSize said:
Ur not getting 20, something is wrong somewhere. Sorry.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymake/Ford1996.shtml

You claim better economy than the vehicle had new off the factory line, and thats not possible. IMHO.

so you're telling me that those figures are written in stone and a vehicle can never do better than those? it is a stop and go road, but mostly GO. my way to work is like a small highway, just with a 45mph speed limit. some days, i only hit 2 red lights. sometimes i hit all 10. i just happened to hit all mostly green this weekend, and i coasted a LOT, and kept my foot out of it.

my dads minivan got 28mpg on the freeway last time we went to wisconsin, the EPA says 26mpg for highway for his vehicle, AND he had an air filter that had 75 thousand miles on it, and we had about 600 pounds of crap in the back.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
My last fill up was 19.87 or something...I know high 19s. That is with city driving and going up a mountain once a day. You got my PM. Enjoy that...I still believe Sixlitre holds the record. I will break that before summer is over if I have push the damned bastard to a gas station.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
poopy_pants said:
My last fill up was 19.87 or something...I know high 19s. That is with city driving and going up a mountain once a day. You got my PM. Enjoy that...I still believe Sixlitre holds the record. I will break that before summer is over if I have push the damned bastard to a gas station.
MyFullSize said:
and your point is?
again, 19mpg CITY! it IS possible, just because the EPA says something, doesn't make it true.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I know its possible to get that milage if you take it easy

My 79 F350 averages 11 MPG, but one time I drove it 80 miles doing 25 MPH the whole way and I got 25 MPG. And that was with 1400 pounds worth of ATV in the bed

1 - 20 of 37 Posts