Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Surrounded by Assholes
2,880 Posts
Now why couldnt they have made the Charger look like that?

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
yeah kinda a repost but its worthy....I would so concider buying one of those. it just looks sick as hell

·
Practicing Infidel
15,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
derrick36 said:
Someone(cant remember who) posted pics of this already.

Not these specific ones tho.

Looks fawkin sweet I think:rockon
Sorry Derrick

Couldn't resist and I didn't remember that straight-on shot in your pics.

Matthew

we can live in hope they revamp the Charger in a similar way.

After all they did restyle the Charger radically several times; 66-67, 68 thru 70 and 71 thru 74. We'll forget about the Charger-doba from 75 thru 79 (though the 78-79 magnums weren't that bad) and the FWD Chargers.

Broncobabe

I hate to break it to your Chev-lovin' Camaro friends(okay so I don't hate it), but it's all over but the funeral for the next generation Camaro. It's not going to happen, GM cancelled their platform permanently.

50Gunner

we in the Mopar camp, live in hope. Having seen the rolling art, that is the 2005 Mustang, I for one am unjustifiably hopeful ! After all they said the days of the Hemi were gone forever.

Sixlitre

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Yup,

That's how you do the retro rebuild.

I love the fact that even the interior is reminiscent of the early 70's console with the hurst shifter, and the ralleye gauge kit.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BrokeCuzWheelin said:
I like that way better than the new Mustangs. That car is badass. Wonder what it will look like in production, though.
As much as I love that Challenger

It's still too retro compared to the new Mustang, which IMO stands on it's own styling-wise.

Chev and Dodge can tease us with all the concept cars they want(okay, so GM can't afford to), but Ford actually built the 2005 Mustang.

Ford's never done nuthin' for free (which of them ever did?) and I'm betting they'll be releasing newer, better, more beautiful stangs for the next 5 years, before some beancounter or engineer [email protected]#&s it up for them, like they did in 71' or certinally by 74'.

Sixlitre

Mccaldwell

I can't see why they couldn't do a perfect re-issue of the Hurst pistol grip dagger shifter, if they ever build a manual trans that will live behind that new 6.1 litre 425 horse HEMI.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Yeah the Camaro is dead. The Big Three are hurting. Chrysler probably won't last much longer. Pontiac couldn't give away new GTOs, total pig. Seems now what they do is take a classic name and an SS badge, and slap it on a car with a fake hemi motor in it made for familys. They are shitting all over names like Charger, 300, Impala, GTO, Monte Carlo etc... I think at one point only ONE Chevy didn't have an "SS" badge slapped on it and some fake exhaust. I would love to see a domestic auto maker have a big hit, but they won't do it with generic designs, that 08 design is badass, but chances are they will just talk big and then make an "executive decision" to cut it out and save money.
The new Mustang will hit over 200,000 sales easily very soon, as long as the factory can keep up, they can't seem to make enough of them. They did it right, just like this new design for a Slowpar (I kid I kid), but unlike Dodge and Chevy they followed through.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,696 Posts
50Gunner said:
They did it right, just like this new design for a Slowpar (I kid I kid), but unlike Dodge and Chevy they followed through.
I don't understand this......Dodge and Chrysler are both mopars

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
I shoulda been more clear, I was comparing Ford to Chevy Dodge and Chrysler.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
Sixlitre said:
Broncobabe

I hate to break it to your Chev-lovin' Camaro friends(okay so I don't hate it), but it's all over but the funeral for the next generation Camaro. It's not going to happen, GM cancelled their platform permanently.
That's not what Scott Settlemire - the father of the F-body [Camaro] - has to say. One of my best friends is a BIG Camaro guy and has the inside scoop. It's supposed to debut at the Auto Show in January and come out in like '09 or something. :shrug

·
Practicing Infidel
15,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BroncoBabe said:
That's not what Scott Settlemire - the father of the F-body [Camaro] - has to say. One of my best friends is a BIG Camaro guy and has the inside scoop. It's supposed to debut at the Auto Show in January and come out in like '09 or something. :shrug
Broncobabe

You better get over there with some crying towels sewn to your shoulder.

He's gonna need you when the truth hits home.

Sixlitre

1 - 20 of 35 Posts