Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 94' bronco, all stock suspension, i've been considering a 3" body lift first.. then doing a 4" suspension later on down the road, what do you all think about a body lift on a bronco?

·
Registered
473 Posts
just wondering is there any shift linkage or steering linkage issues with a body lift? and what about the abs brake manifold. master cyl is on the fire wall and manifold is on frame i think? also do the raditator hoses clear the fan? and tranny cooler lines reach? Ive been thinking about doing mine.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Is there a body lift that isn't 3" available?

·
Thanks 351w500
5,446 Posts
There is only 10,000000000000 threads on this already with pics and all the info.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts
Moved to noob tech! :thumbup

what do you all think about a body lift on a bronco?
My 3" body lift allowed me to clear 35" tires when there was no way I could have afforded a suspension lift.

I think they are fine if done correctly.

Anyone who does a body lift without raising both bumpers to match should be beat :twak

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
i have a 94' bronco, all stock suspension, i've been considering a 3" body lift first.. then doing a 4" suspension later on down the road, what do you all think about a body lift on a bronco?
I'm a huge fan of body lifts.. Just make sure your cab/frame mounts are in good condition and not all rusted out before you do it.

just wondering is there any shift linkage or steering linkage issues with a body lift? and what about the abs brake manifold. master cyl is on the fire wall and manifold is on frame i think? also do the raditator hoses clear the fan? and tranny cooler lines reach? Ive been thinking about doing mine.
The instructions state on how to handle all of that.. extensions/drop brackets ect..

Is there a body lift that isn't 3" available?
They have 2" body lifts.

There is only 10,000000000000 threads on this already with pics and all the info.
:stupid

·
Thanks 351w500
5,446 Posts
There is a 3" BL on the F150 I just stripped. It was like that when I got it to part out. But the front bumper mounts were modded to raise the bumper, the rear bumper was mounted higher to. The tranny linkage coming off the steering column has a 3" piece added to it.The sway bar drops have a 3" piece added to them and the RALB was mounted lower on the frame.

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
he wants a 3 inch body lift than a 4 inch suspension lift later.....why not just get a 6 inch lift and be done with it all.
3" BL + 4" SL = 7" of total lift...

6" lift = 6" of total lift..

So 6 < 7.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
On my 96 there was a steering arm extension and bumper brackets. A body lift has a lot of advantages. It makes it way easier to work on the motor. All the tight spots like the back spark plugs by the heater are eliminated. You can get to the top of your tranny without having to take the access panel off your floor. You can also move your gas tank up for better clearance. I wish I did mine when I first got my truck.

I had to do a little work on the bumpers to move them up so they did not look retarded. The brackets they came with I did not like, so I modified my stock brackets, drilled out a few holes and now it looks stock.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,674 Posts

·
Thanks 351w500
5,446 Posts
Oh your right on the sway bar Gack I was thinking of my old truck on that. And I meant to mean the rear anti lock brake block. My 4 yr old running around has a tendency to side trac me a lil.

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
if he passes and it will work on a 94 let me know the price shipped down south
It'll work on a 94.. If he doesn't answer ya I'll tell him to check out the post when I see him tomorrow.

·
#1 Asshole
1,452 Posts
i have heard a lot of controversy about body lifts. I recently had a bad experience with my bko i had a roll over at about 45mph the body lift did great it came out alot better than the bko. although it probably didnt help with the roll over but on the same hand it would have happened with a suspension lift aswell.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts