Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To be clear, that's not what I'm saying, but it appears to be the opinion of this article.

"For John and Jane Q. Commuter, the only thing you need to know about the Bronco—which, unless you regularly go off-roading for sport and thrill, you should never ever consider buying no matter how much Ford tries to convince you otherwise with its massive marketing campaign—is that it does not come with a hybrid or electric version. In the year 2020, this is tantamount to climate denialism."

·
Registered
9,976 Posts
I agree that buying a large gas guzzling vehicle that you'll never use just for the hell of it is stupid. But I also believe you can't just run around telling people what they can buy. I also believe that not offering a hybrid version of a vehicle is not that big of a deal. I didn't even know they still made full size hybrid trucks... or do they? Last I checked the Hybrid tahoes got the same highway mileage and slightly better city mileage. But ultimately we've gone back to blaming climate problems on cars rather than the manufacturing, excess, and blantant consumerism that are actually causing the problem.

I also have a feeling that this thread will somehow turn into an anti environment circle jerk.

·
Registered
268 Posts
What do they expect when its been this way for 100 years? Change will happen but it takes time.

·
Registered
1992 XLT 302 5 spd trans, long tube headers, manual t case, manual hubs
174 Posts
Ugh God. I dont even have to read the fuckin article. Its from vice so its automatically got a slight left spin by default.

I was wondering when my hobby would come under fire from the environmental folks. Seems it's beginning earlier than I thought it would.

·
Registered
669 Posts
I'll be just fine (and so will the earth) with my 1981 Bronco w/302 (460 would be nice!), 1969 Falcon Futura Wagon w/302, and 1995 F250 7.3L PowerStroke diesel.

I don't remember asking for anyone's opinion when I bought each one!

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
38,257 Posts
That 2.7 liter, Eco-Boost Twin-Turbo engine gets a hell of a lot better miles to the gallon than my '95's 351w.

·
Joisey don't smell funny
78 Bronco Custom, 460/ZF5, Sniper upgrade, 3G, dual batt
1,399 Posts

Apparently, Joisey also has somewhat of an empty hand on the matter of vehicle emissions due to models older than 95 being exempt of testing. Makes driving my rig that much sweeter.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don’t own a vehicle that get better than 15 mpg. Most are in the single digits. I really don’t care. In fact a wear the low mileage like a badge of honor. I drive less than 10000 miles per year. I live close to my work so I don’t have to drive. I don’t need 10 acres, 4000 sf of house. Just give me my old fords and leave me alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I lean left on quite a few issues and even I think Vice is nuts lol
Well to be fair - a 90's Bill Clinton Democrat would be considered "far right" now.

·
Registered
1996 Eddie Bauer 5.0 automatic w/ the rust package
55 Posts
Once I finish my 5.0 build, I'm getting a 351 windsor to build and then finding a 70s roller and making it 100% electric by dropping a tesla drive train in it. I've seen a few done on other vehicles..so I want one.
Im 1000000% about helping the environment and making our technology more environmentally friendly...cause it does piss me off hitting up trails just to see rusted shit boxes out there spilling oil everywhere, blowing black smoke all over and leaving behind parts that fall off and tossing out their beer bottles/trash...I've driven people out of trails who have no respect for nature...my care for peoples personal freedoms does not exists...so if you disrespect my area to play..then I treat you accordingly.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Wasn't Vice created by a far right wing nationalist? At least that's what I've heard
Horseshoe theory. the far left and far right are so far opposed they are damn near identical. The 'woke' crowd is trying to implement segregation again, while they call the far right racists. I prefer Alt-Right and Control-Left

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Once I finish my 5.0 build, I'm getting a 351 windsor to build and then finding a 70s roller and making it 100% electric by dropping a tesla drive train in it. I've seen a few done on other vehicles..so I want one.
Im 1000000% about helping the environment and making our technology more environmentally friendly...cause it does piss me off hitting up trails just to see rusted shit boxes out there spilling oil everywhere, blowing black smoke all over and leaving behind parts that fall off and tossing out their beer bottles/trash...I've driven people out of trails who have no respect for nature..as a combat veteran..my care for peoples personal freedoms does not exists...so if you disrespect my area to play..then I treat you accordingly.
I guess maybe I read that wrong?

"..as a combat veteran...my care for peoples personal freedoms does not exists.."

I agree with respect for the environment etc. But I can tell you that combat veteran or not, as a vet, I can tell you might run into the wrong person "driving them off trails".

Your service, unless drafted (it's been a long while since that era) was VOLUNTARY. Just as mine was. So I'm hoping that was a simple typo. Your service does not entitle you to anything....same goes for my service, it was MY choice and entitles me to nothing.

·
FSM Lifetime
2,244 Posts
Horseshoe theory. the far left and far right are so far opposed they are damn near identical. The 'woke' crowd is trying to implement segregation again, while they call the far right racists. I prefer Alt-Right and Control-Left
California is actually trying to repeal their civil rights law... It really is a clown world!

·
Registered
9,976 Posts
I prefer to not use labels and just call people idiots as I see fit. It's easier that way.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts