Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the love of God and all things humane, DO NOT REMOVE THE HINGES. To get your doors back on and lined up you must:

1. Remove ALL headlight trim
2. Remove washer reseivor, battery and tray
3. Remove front fenders and every damn thing bolted to it, including hood support hinge
4. Remove kick panels because hinge backing plates fell to bottom of tub.
5. Re assemble 1-4
6. Get so damn pissed off because Bronc will not crank. You tripped the inertia switch and didnt think about it when panel was off
7. Finally remember inertia switch
8. Get drunk/stoned cause the top can finally go back on, do nice burnout in driveway while feeling the 8.8 is about to die. Thank God for Sterling sitting in garage
9. Remember that it is almost Jan and top will be coming off in 3 months

The End

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
I completely replaced one hinge on the driver's side. No problems like this, but yeah the bolts are a PITA to get to while the door is on.

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
I removed my drivers door about a month ago and didn't have to remove the fenders, etc. It was a PITA, but nothing too serious.

Taking the door off isn't the bad part, although #4 sucks, as well as re-aligning the door.

·
user title
2,211 Posts
too bad we can't just take our doors off like the Heeps...

Well, I guess we COULD, but would it be practical? that's one reason I still love Jeeps...you can take it all off. :D

:beer
Bill

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
is it legal to run w/o doors or do you have to have half doors?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OldBlue said:
is it legal to run w/o doors or do you have to have half doors?

I havent had any problems with cops. Only thing they could issue you a tix for is no mirrors. Just wear your seat belt because fast right turns can be interesting. I switched my seats around so I would at least have the arm rest to hold me in as well.

·
Registered
463 Posts
i know in florida and colorado you can have your doors off but you need at least a 1" lip at the bottom of the door sill

·
Registered
315 Posts
badmilk said:
i know in florida and colorado you can have your doors off but you need at least a 1" lip at the bottom of the door sill

ya, 1" is really going to keep all your arms and legs inside the ride until it has come to a complete stop...

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
knarf121 said:
ya, 1" is really going to keep all your arms and legs inside the ride until it has come to a complete stop...
Yea I know how ya feel..the DOT is not known to produce nobel prize winners..:shrug but thats still the law in most places. So like OldBlue said half doors are prolly your best bet. I'm gonna try to get me some made up by summer (I wanna take my time and make a good clean looking set). :thumbup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts