Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What year did the FSB go to IFS? And as far as the axels are they an 8.8 30 or what? Thanks for your wisdom. Some of them came with a dana 30 right?

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
i am not aware of any of them having dana 30 i could be mistaken but atleast for the majority there dana 44

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
80 is when ford switched to TTB. ALL FSB TTBS use a high pinion D44 30 spline center section.

the rearend is either a 9" or 8.8", both are 31 spline. i can't remember when the break is, but i think its around 85 when they switched.

D30s never came in a TTB IIRC, but rangers/explorers/bronco IIs used D 28s or 35s.

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
I believe some of the 66-77 Bronco came with a Dana 30 front and a 9" rear.

The 9" and D44 straight axle configuration was used in 78-79.

The first year of the 8.8 was 83'.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I belive they went to the TTB in 1980 and I belive there were 9" rear ends until approx '83 when the 8.8 became the standard. The front axles are normally the Dana 44. I have never heard of a Dana 30 in a fullsize bronco.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Twin Traction Beam = Ford IFS in our 80+ Broncos.
::Edit:: Also came in f150s, rangers...it was Fords IFS after straight axle.

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Dev0station said:
please keep the chuckels to a minimum, but what does TTB stand for? Thanks!
Take Them to the Bank...it was a joint effort between the US gov., Ford and the allignment industry to pull America out of economic decline. Ya see the Ford truck is the #1 selling truck in America so they figured if they put a suspension in the #1 truck that had to be alligned evry 4 months that it would create more jobs (how many allignment shops does your town have??) and the average American would spend more money there by solving the reccesion and unemployment at the same time....or Maybe somebody at Ford just phucked up...and I hope they fired him for it!!!:toothless

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Blaze said:
or Maybe somebody at Ford just phucked up...and I hope they fired him for it!!!:toothless
i would take TTB over any other IFS any day. its way cheaper to modify and flexes way better than others (IFS chevy for instance). you can get tons of wheel travel from a TTB for very little $$$.

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
umm. yeah they do. i see more chevys like this / \ than fords around here

·
Registered
156 Posts
Jeez guys you bring your trucks to a shop to get your shit realigned???

Just drive up to a curb and rest the tire against the side

then turn the steering wheel till it straitens it out!!

:thumbup
Matt--

Ps seriously you can only to that when the problem is small if your steerings really bad dont try this youl phuck something up

1 - 18 of 18 Posts