Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
paste
Hello all, this e-mail is in response to the IFWDA meeting this past Sunday. For those of you who didn't know the DNR has donated a 96 full size Bronco to the Redbird state riding area for us to use. The Redbird Management group is looking for donations to outfit the Bronco as of now we have received a Lockrite from Richmond Gear a set of lockouts from the local NAPA store and
a CB radio from a local electronics dealer. Also 4XFools has said they will donate a set of steel wheels to the cause. We are calling this Project Bronco and pictures we be on the redbirdsra.com web site as it progresses. Any club , business or individual who donates an item will given recognition on the web site and there decals will be put on Project Bronco. We are in need of the following items and we will be glad to except used parts as long as they are in good working order. Here they are in no special order Snatch block ( min. 10,000lbs. ) snatch strap, d-rings,reciever shackle bracket,yellow strobe light, High Lift jack and any High Lift accessories, small basic hand tool set, fire ext. with metal mounting bracket, tire repair kit, first aid kit, Optima battery, off-road lights, 20' log chain, jerry can & holder, portable air compressor, Max-axe, Maglight flashlight & holder, roof rack. Also Mark Kennedy of Kennedy Trucking and a IFWDA member has donated his time and shop to install any accessories we receive. If any one has questions about what we need or what we have already received give myself or Brian Rowda a call or e-mail us at [email protected] or [email protected] and we will be happy to answer any questions you or your club might have. Thanks for taking the time to read this and your help
will be greatly appreciated. P.S. there are only 3 weekend left to ride Redbird so try to get out and see the property and we will be open the Friday before Thanksgiving also.
end paste

i saw we try to donate something and get a FSB sticker on it

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
Count me in...I'll donate 10.00bucks towards the purchase of one of the listed items.... Wonder if we can come up with a york compressor and get'em OBA for the rig??? Sounds like a cool project for the club....fog

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
I won't be back online until monday so don't think I'm backing out if I don't respond, I'd like to be in on this. I think it'd be good for the club. If need be I'll help with shipping a used part or purchasing the fittings, or whatever you all decide our donation is going to be......OBA was just a suggestion. Just let me know where to send it in...Fog

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've emailed Chris about donating one of his kits for this, and I'll be trying to call Brian for the next 30 minutes, or I'll be emailing him, for a shipping address

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
thanks david for pointing this thread out, you guys have a good jump on it so see what you can get together to donate and I'll send them 2 of the 5" round FSB stickers for it, maybe we could also donate 10.00 or so out of the FSB balance ? ? ?

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I couldn't find any info on their site about it, so I'm waiting for an email from Brian, or I'll be trying to call him again tomorrow, or Monday

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
muddinmike said:
So what's the cause of this? whos the donated trail rig going to? :shrug
i beileve it its going to be a trail maintenece/park patrol vehicle for the new area that has opened up in indiana this past summer.
would be cool to have a few FSB stickers on it for all the parks visitors to see.

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got word from Brian:
Thank you for the donation, the truck has a 5.0 liter engine.

Please send the parts to :
Mark Kennedy
6671 N. County Rd, 25 West
Shelburn, In. 47879

You can contact me at
812-523-4484 or 812-528-3387, or if you would like, please send me your number and I will call you.
We stay very busy with Redbird. Please send the stickers so we can put them on the Bronco.
This is great, I hope to see you at Redbird or another 4x4 function to meet you.

Thank you
Brian Rowda
SO, let's see if we can get this rolling for them... getting them OBA, that is. I've got the compressor, if someone else can get the following:

fittings in the link I posted, oil/water separator/regulator, 20-25ft of 3/8" air hose, 3gl air tank, pressure switch, and the Broncoair OBA kit

I'll be sending the compressor in the next few days.

SO let's get this goin - who's going to contribute what?

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ill see what i can do to get theman airtank since i am so close for shipping reasons.
a used semi tank should be more than adequite if i wirehweel any rust and paint it up shouldnt it?

has broncoair agreed to hopefully send them his kit, as thats the most expensive part.....

·
Registered
769 Posts
can i put a $5 in and envelope and send it? or does that not work?

·
Registered
769 Posts
ok when payday comes (next fri) ill send 5 or 10 that way

1 - 20 of 31 Posts