Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1986 Ford Bronco, 351w with edelbrock aluminum top end and holly 600.
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm installing a RTR dizzy which eliminates the ignition control module on my 86 carbed 351w and I'm looking for a little help with the wiring.

The new dizzy has 3 wires, one coil pos, one coil neg, one to ground.

Coil gets key switched hot to plus side. There are two in the Stock bundle, a regular size and extra large size both red/yel. The regular size red/yel originally went to the coil plus before - use that again or the XL?

The grn/yel comes from stock coil neg. I'm assuming that goes to the tach, yes? - is the blk/grn the ground coming back from the tach?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot I had the schematics on disc - duh. Looks like that is the return from the tach. Still not sure on which r/lg wire to power with.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got off the phone with pertronix. They said to either replace the resistor wire or use another source of key run/start hot. I have my E choke wired into the face of my fuse box and they said that wire could be used but I've got it in there kind of half assed. I checked the grn/yel wire in my image marked as carb control and that is hot on run and start so I'm going with that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts