Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 85 bronco i6/4speed with issues. I was told by the po that it needed a new icm. I bought one from the parts store but no wires on the fender well to connect to, bolt holes apear to be there though. Also need to know what wires hook to small posts on sylanoid as I can only find one. Ive replaced cables from the starter to the battery and a new sylanoid but still have to jump it over, maybe this missing wire is why? Pics would be great. Ive done the search on these problems but seen mostly v8s and newer year models, and dont know what would be the same as what I have. :shrug:banghead

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Well, an 85 I-6 should have an ECM in the cab, not an ICM on the fender. The ICM will be the TFI module and it will be bolted to the distributor. (unless the PO has done some parts swapping, which is pretty common)

Does your distrbutor have a vacuum can? If not, you have TFI which means the module is at the distributor.

On the solenoid, the blue/red wire needs to be connected to the "S" terminal.

Justin

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Well, an 85 I-6 should have an ECM in the cab, not an ICM on the fender. The ICM will be the TFI module and it will be bolted to the distributor. (unless the PO has done some parts swapping, which is pretty common)

Does your distrbutor have a vacuum can? If not, you have TFI which means the module is at the distributor.

On the solenoid, the blue/red wire needs to be connected to the "S" terminal.

Justin
if indeed it is on the distributor (like mine is), the blot is impossible to get out. i ended up grinding down a 6mm socket so that it would fit in there. just my 2 cents

·
Registered
101 Posts
sylanoid: a small non inter-planatary entity from the planet "Sully" (not to be confused with "Southie") that although has achieved mechanical advancement to the point of traffic jams and oil wars, has not learned to drive proficiently or co-ordinate plans well with other sylanoids enough to achive space travell.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
sylanoid: a small non inter-planatary entity from the planet "Sully" (not to be confused with "Southie") that although has achieved mechanical advancement to the point of traffic jams and oil wars, has not learned to drive proficiently or co-ordinate plans well with other sylanoids enough to achive space travell.
I'm not gonna give him too much guff, "Solenoid" is one of the most misspelled auto parts online or at the parts house.

It sucks when the dude at the counter can't find one because he swears it's spelled s-e-l-e-n-o-i-d, and won't listen when you tell him it's s-o-l-e. . .:smilie_slap

Justin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts