Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my buddy got his keys stolen and now he got a new lock cylinder for the ignition but we don't know how to get the old one out. any suggestions?

searched but couldn't find anything

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Without a key you won't get the tumbler out. He is going to have to replace the ignotion switch and the tumblers.

You need the key to turn it to the accesory position and a paper clip to push the release button in. Without a key you can't do it.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,196 Posts
Without a key you won't get the tumbler out. He is going to have to replace the ignotion switch and the tumblers.

You need the key to turn it to the accesory position and a paper clip to push the release button in. Without a key you can't do it.
Exactlly right.
I lost my keys. Just got it fixed last week. Go to JBG get a switch its only 15 bucks IIRC. Pretty easy swap with the switch. Any Autozone or whereever should have it too

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
isn't it possible to have a locksmith make a key?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
isn't it possible to have a locksmith make a key?
yup, a good locksmith can a key for almost anything for about $25, I lost my keys for my 68 plymouth that i had in 96 and the locksmith made me a trunk key and an ignition key for about $35. we had to hotwire it to get back to town but that wasn't hard with that car.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
There is a couple ways, I lost the keys for a '90 F-250 and I just drilled out the lock cylinder and then used a screwdriver to turn it to the on position and pressed in the pin and pulled out the lock cylinder

You just want to make sure that you dont drill too far.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks guys. (I'm the one who got my keys stolen.) Fortunately my friend's dad is a really good locksmith, so i'm going to go that route.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
good choice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts