Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My name is Peter and i live in the Netherlands i own a 1981 Ford Bronco with a 351 Modified engine, i want to upgrade my ignition system, mayby even swap to a Hei system. Does anyone have any tips on what brand or parts i should get, i will be in the states next week and i am planning to buy them there localy so any help would be greatly aprriciated. i want to swap the distributer coil and module.
Thanks
Peter

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,631 Posts
First, Welcome to FSB. Your English is a lot better than I've seen on this site! Second, there are many things you can do to modify your ignition, but the truth be told,
you don't need to do much to get more out of it. So as a suggestion, you should make your changes in stages, so that if something goes wrong, it's easier to figure out. Also, it's a good idea to fill your profile (actually, your truck's profile) so that if you ask for help, it helps us to steer you in the right direction. So good luck, and happy motoring!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, i will fill the profile when i get back from vacation, i am more the radical kind a guy, normaly a don't make small changes, that worked fine for me ( also some times not so fine but he that's the risk you take) i decided to swap the stock iginition for a MSD 6, and also a billet distributor from MSD with a coil from MSD. i think that should take out any weakness in the ignition, i am alos thinking about buying a rebuilt carb in the states, i think mine has seen better days. there is still the original 2 bbl on there, and i want to swap it for the same model. i run my truck over here on LPG because with the gas prices over ( we pay 10 dollars a gallon) it is no fun to drive, considering the amount of gas it consumes.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,631 Posts
The LPG idea is good, and works well with the stock Motorcraft carbs (the 2150 downdraft or the 2700/7200 variable venturi). Sounds like when you go, you go all out.
Good luck to you, and let us know how it performs on LPG.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.