Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the location of the circled component in the attached image? I've read rumors online that the value should be 22k ohms but I don't know if that's true for a 90 351w.
Font Line Rectangle Parallel Engineering

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The wire colors are not accurate and the ignition control module wires quickly disappear into the harness so I can't trace them.

·
Super Moderator
29,438 Posts
Yo my,
"Since you have a TFI ignition, you don't have a ballast resistor. The ballast resistor has been replaced by a resistive wire.
The biggest sign your resistive wire is bad is your Bronco will start, but immediately stop as soon as you let go of the key.

Will try to find aother wiring diagram.

Only Duraspark systems had ballast resistors. If you're running a Duraspark ignition system, you need a Duraspark-style coil. Plus a ballast resistor, which should be in place somewhere in the wiring harness between the ignition switch and the ignition coil primary connection. It's red, and has BALLAST RESISTOR in silver lettering printed on it." by sigEp Blue

Reactions: mykat

·
Premium Member
1995 5.8, 2.5" Rough Country Lift, Extended RA's, 4.10's, 33" BFG's
6,094 Posts
While having searched this I've come across pictures of it being about 8" or so from the PCM connector or the section of harness that goes from the fender well to the engine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts