Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tried to searching old threads couldn't find one. I have a points distributor in my 82, i want to chage ovr to electronic ingition. What am I looking at for parts and hooking it all up? Any links on this.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
this is a great upgrade. You can check summit or jegs online and get a distributor that will be simple to install.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
tried to searching old threads couldn't find one. I have a points distributor in my 82, i want to chage ovr to electronic ingition. What am I looking at for parts and hooking it all up? Any links on this.
really? ford stopped using points in '74 or something!
good bit of options nowadays.......cheapest would be that h.e.i. dist. everybody's buying off e-bay.....never used one myself, but i've heard good things about it.

tell me this......do you still have the 'duraspark' box mounted under the hood?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no duraspark box or the connectors. was at pull a part in nashville today and found a 83 f150 with the same ignition as mine. found three complete 460's there too mmmmmmm! about 200.00 for complete engine.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
no duraspark box or the connectors. was at pull a part in nashville today and found a 83 f150 with the same ignition as mine. found three complete 460's there too mmmmmmm! about 200.00 for complete engine.
now that would be an upgrade.
'74 on up used the duraspark set-up, so you could pull the box from almost any truck, and get a new dist. for your year truck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts