Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to cut a long story short i joined this site when i was 16 (im now 19) and had just got a bronco. well the bronco went bye bye (on purpose) i began to miss it and eventually got it back with a blown engine (that I installed) and grill and stuff torn off the front. but thats ok cause i got my baby back.:drinkbud

as an auto tech project i am building it an engine, i got a 69 351w that after i tore it apart was amazed at how little it was wore. but then i looked at the valves and cried. two of the exhaust valves were severly burned, on of which oveled out the seat to the point of one of the exhaust valves could about touch the intake. im looking at about 500 dollers just to return them to factory specs, but plus hardened seats.

to save some bucks that I could put into other stuff i need before its roadworthy again, i have been considering buying a set of gt40p head off ebay. the only thing that i worry about is spark plug/ header clearance, im going to be running hooker competitions (have not bought though) and was curious if anyone knew if there would be any problems.
thanks, and its nice to be back!

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Welcome back. If you want to save $$ on the headers I am trying to get rid of mine. They are MAC 1 5/8" direct replacement headers for Gt-40p's.
I want 50 + shipping and you will need new collecter studs (about 4 bucks in the help section)
Heres a pic of one of them.

If you want a pic of both let me know.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I got a set of Powerheads. For a little more then to do your heads stock, you can get a set with big valves, CNC ported, screw in rockerstuds, and ready to go. I think mine were like $600-700 for the pair. Check out there site.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I may be out of line here and if I am please delete this post. I went here just now; ****http://car-part.com/index.htm**** and found 19 heads for under $50 each. When I was working steady in the garage I'd go through $5/600 a month with this site. Over a four year period there was only one real problem. It was eventually settled amicably, just took awhile. Everyone has an 800 number so you can speak with the counterman. These heads will need a valve job more than likely but the valves will be in the seats.........

·
Registered
102 Posts
the gt40p heads use a different angle on the plugs and require specific headers. You may also look at world products heads. I bought a set of them a few years back. They flow better that the old 351 heads and really aren't that much more expensive than having the old ones reworked.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
Have you looked into the price of a simple set of exchange heads from the local parts places and machine shops ?

With your spent 69' heads as cores it'll probably be real reasonable and they'll be completely rebuilt for you.

Sixlitre

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
187racing said:
the gt40p heads use a different angle on the plugs and require specific headers. You may also look at world products heads. I bought a set of them a few years back. They flow better that the old 351 heads and really aren't that much more expensive than having the old ones reworked.
That is why I offered to sell him my headers:thumbup Hopefully he will buy them, they are a good deal and I dont need them cluttering up my garage. (anymore then the rest of the parts off my bronco)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
slider said:
I may be out of line here and if I am please delete this post. I went here just now; ****http://car-part.com/index.htm**** and found 19 heads for under $50 each. When I was working steady in the garage I'd go through $5/600 a month with this site. Over a four year period there was only one real problem. It was eventually settled amicably, just took awhile. Everyone has an 800 number so you can speak with the counterman. These heads will need a valve job more than likely but the valves will be in the seats.........

thanks! i found a set of gt40p's shipped for $170. and i cant wait till they get here...

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
81Bronk36 said:
Welcome back. If you want to save $$ on the headers I am trying to get rid of mine. They are MAC 1 5/8" direct replacement headers for Gt-40p's.
I want 50 + shipping and you will need new collecter studs (about 4 bucks in the help section)
Heres a pic of one of them.

If you want a pic of both let me know.
:whiteflag

Did you ever sell these GT40P specific headers?

If you did - can you please tell me the correct MAC part # - and if they were specific to a Bronco or was it the Mustang GT40P headers?

If you did not sell them - I'm interested in buying. :beer

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,396 Posts
jb77714 said:
i dont think they have the windsor in 69' :scratchhe
They did. It had a different deck height 9.2 vs 9.5 which means you have to pay attention to intake manifold choice. But the blocks were high nickel content making them a desirable block and for certain number correct restorations, essential.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Cobra Jet said:
:whiteflag

Did you ever sell these GT40P specific headers?

If you did - can you please tell me the correct MAC part # - and if they were specific to a Bronco or was it the Mustang GT40P headers?

If you did not sell them - I'm interested in buying. :beer

Thanks!
I did sell them, although the $$ has not shown up yet. But hey im NOT gonna sell them under the kids nose. They are for F-150's with GT40P heads and ran $220 Brand new 4 years ago.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts