Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, it's been some time eh?

About 6 months ago to a year I thought I had my hemi ram sold off, but the guy flaked due to family issues.

Fast forward 6 months and he gives me a random call...he's back.

90% goes to bills, but i'm keeping $1500 for a bronco....I want 85-89...it can be newer, but I want proof the e4od has been rebuilt....

anyhow, and of course I wouldnt mind it being lifted either.

Spectre...see you finally got a bronco again eh?

Keep your eyes out guys, I may have the cash as early as this weekend.

·
Premium Member
5,396 Posts
Hey all, it's been some time eh?

About 6 months ago to a year I thought I had my hemi ram sold off, but the guy flaked due to family issues.

Fast forward 6 months and he gives me a random call...he's back.

90% goes to bills, but i'm keeping $1500 for a bronco....I want 85-89...it can be newer, but I want proof the e4od has been rebuilt....

anyhow, and of course I wouldnt mind it being lifted either.

Spectre...see you finally got a bronco again eh?

Keep your eyes out guys, I may have the cash as early as this weekend.

I've got a friend with an '89. 5.8/e40d. it's lifted 4inches, has long radius arms, and a 9" with detroit locker and 5.13's The e40d has in fact been rebuilt as well.. recently (probably less than 3,000 miles ago) i believe he got raped for something like 2800 bux on the trans rebuild as well... which sort of burnt him out on the truck. he's been talking about selling it. he probably wants more than 1500 for it, but if you're interested i can get you more info.. oh, it's in santa barbara.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool...sounds perfect for me...although I swear the e4od's were in 90, regardless his truck sounds great. I'll literally have $1500....probably cant' get anything else...however hit him up, I'm def interested.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Hey Jeremy.. I'm sure you'll find the right bronco out there for ya.. I know why you want a rebuilt e40d.. Cause you are the tranny killer.. :toothless

As for a bronco.. Sorta... Hard to explain.. In my sig click the link in blue and read up.. That'll explain it all..

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm pretty damned excited. It's the same dude from a while back. Last time a family member died, and he had to spend the cash on a funeral. He's been saving hard for months to get my truck, unknown to me (I have a rare ca express model that he's in love with)..

anyhow, work sent me to barstow a couple of days ago in my 2500 hemi ram 4x4 (company truck)...it's a solid axle full size. I had to go into the desert to find a cell site, and it was my first ever taste of real 4x4ing..

what I found, was that I had more fun in the dirt in that beast then I've ever had in my muscle cars on the street...lol. I WANT A BRONCO now so damned bad I can taste it.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
lol.. Just wait until you actually go wheeling..

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
9 1/2" lift kit? wow.. Now only if there was such a thing.. Biggest they went were 8"

Doesn't seem like any good ones out there right now.. Hold off and a good one will come along.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks all....I'm going to call on some of those shortly. I'm headed to san diego today with the family...I'm gonna drop off my hemi officially and get paid for it, then enjoy a day in sandiego...I'll have the cash today.

I do want a truck already lifted though....I have 2 66 mustangs, and one I'm going to sell the shell off with the interior and rebuilt suspension...so that will help me come up with more cash...

if someone wants to work a trade, i'll be pulling the drivetrain from this vehicle and selling off the rest of it (wheels/tires not included) (has some body damage/rust...nothing not fixable though...100% rebuilt suspension front and rear and blue int in good shape)

·
Registered
171 Posts
WHAAATTT!!!! Don't sell it man, that stang is tight. But if you do, i might be interested. I'm looking for a fresh start for my mustang project. I was thinking about going dynacorn but if you are selling her like that i might be interested. What are you going to do with the 302 and t-5? Is that going in the other stang?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the 66 above has been an ongoing project and its finally daily driveable...it came out pretty sick...lopey roller cam and alum, heads with a t5 duraspark elec ignit 3g alt and so on....but im not a body guy..it has some roof rust 1/4 panel damage and some other misc stuff..quite fixable but not something i want to bother with...im a wrench and have no body skills...i purchased recently another 66 coupe but with a virgin body and no drivetrain...the engine and trans from the blue one and the wheels will go onto the other 66t and the blue sold of as a roller. the blue paint is not nearly as good as it looks

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
btw im in san diego posting from my phone th hemi is officially gone ive got some sash now

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Congrats Jer.. Soon you'll be able to hang with the cool crowd again.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol i am the cool crowd..i found another 78 for $600 it ran 3 years ago now wont start because of elec or starter...not sure if i wanna go that old again

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good to see you Tim!!!

I've always fealt like I had unfinished business with Bronco's...I shouldn't have bailed out so quickly on that old 91 I had. This time around, I'm going to do it right.

BTW, here is the other 66 I picked up. Looks ugly, but it's a virgin body

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
dude an old bronco is the way to go.. Superior suspension right off the get go...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts