Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've been gone for a couple of weeks now, not that anyone noticed. Some may remember that I was joining the USAF. While I was at MEPS I failed the medical part due to High Blood pressure (191/1xx the frist time they took it)0. That is where I'm at now. I'm 20 years old, weight only 155 lbs and I have high blood pressure. I wore a b/p monitoring cuff for 24 hours where 75% of the time it was way to high. 45% of the time it was way to high even for a 50 yrs old person. The doctor pretty much told me that I'm a walking time bomb if they dont find out whats wrong. Tomorrow I am going to get an ultrasound done on my Kidneys(doctor believe that is whats causing the high b/p), and sometime next week I have to go do a stress test (yay!!! not!). So as of right now the AF is on hold.

·
FJ80 Expedition Rig
1,461 Posts
Sorry to hear that dude, but when it gets all cleared up you still are going to have to jump through some serious hoops to get a waiver for that depending on your MOS/Career Field. Hope all goes well.

·
Shhhh, I'm not here
3,258 Posts
I guess it was a good thing afterall, if it finds a problem and you can get it taken care of, then you can't ask for more then that. Your Health is number one, without it your screeeeoooooood! Good luck on getting some answers and things worked out.

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Only thing better is if he was in the AF and was getting everything for free, except they would probably just throw medication at you:banghead Although thats some insane BP, my wife's was 204 over something just before she had an urgent C-section (for the BP)

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,950 Posts
Dang man, i hope they get everything straighten out. Do you have a chance of gettin in if they are able to get your blood pressure down?

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
Damn, that's no good. Yeah, definitely get that BP checked out. They believe that's what caused my kidneys to fail since my BP was constantly high, even on meds. The kidneys also produce a hormone that regulates BP, so that's why they're seeing what's up with the kidneys.

The stress test ain't so bad. I thought for sure I'd have to be running which would suck, but it's not like that. With your BP high already, they're not gonna push you. They just wanna see your heart under exertion.

Good luck. :thumbup [Feel free to PM me if you have any Q's about the whole kidney thing.]

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
Damn sorry to hear about the BP, but thank God they found it. Stuff like that is why people your age mysteriously have a stroke and nobody can figure out why. All MEPS found on me was flat feet and they still gave me a ration shit over that. Good luck with getting that all worked out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts