Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,463 Posts
dammit man... I'm the buffer king. :brownbag

"...I don't give a shit... I told ya'll!"
and yet, you took the time and trouble to share it with us all.
you're such a bad-ass. :goodfinge

·
LS Swap Everything!
26,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Well.... This was short lived...

For those of you who missed the facebook update...... A teenager (15-17) decided it was okay to pull out infront of a 6,000lb ford booking 35-38 under acceleration... Everyone is alive, okay, and walked away without an ambulance ride, including yours truly. My back, and fore arms are sore from absorbing the impact.

Initially, his car was pointed the opposite way, he was pulling out of the parking lot of the store, and I was on the main road with the right of way. The impact was so hard it turned his car completely around, impacting the van behind him with the front bumper of his buick. Police, EMT's, and FD all showed up, so there was no beating to commence.

So far, it's both front fenders, both doors, grille, headlights, bumper, trim panel, Passenger radius arm - passenger ttb axle housing - passenger motor mount. Hood's fine, Truck runs & drives, I drove onto and off of the flat bed truck. I guess we'll see how it plays out insurance wise. Hopefully they won't total the truck out, but if that's how it plays out, I'll probably buy a DD and do a D60 SAS. Especially considering that I've got to pull the front axle & shit apart. We'll see what happens.

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,253 Posts
Wow that sucks just when things are starting to go up too.

·
LS Swap Everything!
26,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Noticed the frame was bent today... This is just getting better and better.

Makes me think of pepe... Who wants to give me a roller bronco? I've got the drive train....

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,203 Posts
I'm not surprised the frame is bent, not one bit with how much damage you incurred to the bronco and that buick going 35+mph. Although that is shitty news. Sorry bud.

·
LS Swap Everything!
26,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Bent the frame? How hard did you hit that kid??
Spun his car around, so that his front bumper hit the car that was behind him...

·
LS Swap Everything!
26,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Okay folks. I'm not going to give a whole bunch of info about all of this, but I'll go ahead & say, I've hired an attorney.

I've had some offers on vehicles since the wreck. One of which is the expedition that belongs to my former room mates.

Another is a 90's Dodge Ram 3500 Crew Cab Dually (5.9 common rail) truck with 5th wheel in the bed. It comes with a tool box and the hitch hookup for the goose neck. But, it was a diesel mechanic's (he's passed away, his son has the truck) truck, so the interior is shot. I figure seat covers and a dash pad cover will be the answer for that issue (maybe cleaning the carpet the same way I cleaned the Bronco's).

Admittedly, I'm not very interested in the prospect of the Dodge as well, it's a Dodge. But, I've been heavily considering turning the bronco into a trail rig. TripleSix's bronco has motivated me for years. And that's the direction I'm interested in going. In the long run, it's a butt ton more money to spend, but it'll be more fun. The Dodge would serve as a great tow pig. Although, I would prefer a 7.3 truck, this one is available for WELL BELOW market value, with the added exception of a failed fuel pump.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw this up there for debate with the ford crowd..

----Edit----

Dodge is now off the table

·
LS Swap Everything!
26,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
SO the kid that pulled out in front of you his insurance is paying for the bronco? You have got to give more details than that. Unless your holding because the laywer told you not to talk about it.
My attorney and I haven't discussed disclosure, I'll be happy to fill anyone in about it privately. Just never been involved in anything like this and going from other's experiences, I'd imagine it's a good idea to keep things quiet?

You're more than welcome to text or call me and I'll tell you about it, Josh.

·
Premium Member
10,000 Posts
Damn I so sorry to hear that, no chance of resurrecting yours, too much damage or not....?

Though if the insurance totals it out you could buy it back very cheap and either fix it or part it out and possibly recoup some $$$$$$ for yourself you know...

What about suing the little DB in civil court and gain $$$$ on that side for personal injury or whatever your attorney can come up with, can't hurt to ask him....

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

41 - 60 of 78 Posts