Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have what sounds like a belt squeal but isn't driving me batshit insane. I was told that my front drivers wheel bearings where going out. Pulled them apart and they were in fact messed up. Replaced them and the noise continues. Then I put it on stands and let it run on idle in drive and thought I had found the issue with my drivers side rear drum. ( adjuster froze up is all) It's a rotational noise that goes away mostly under load but the moment I let off it's squealing like a stuck pig. I know it isn't motor related because I can shut the truck off and roll down the hill and it's still there. I lose the track of the sound between the trans and transfer case because that channel just echoes.

Any ideas on what to look for next?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A little yes until about 40 45 and then it all sound the same. I rebuilt the driveshaft earlier this year with spicer joints and they came with like 4 different size retainer clips. It does however have the cv joint driveshaft.

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,092 Posts
I'd pull the rear driveshaft, put it up on four jackstands, lock the front hubs and put it in 4wd and see if its still there. This will tell you if it's in the driveshaft or rear axle if the noise goes away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts