Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time magazine...
The staging ground for Ford's innovation revolution is the top-secret Piquette Project. Unknown by all but the very top-level Ford executives, the program is aimed at nothing short of reinventing Detroit. It's named after the third-floor Piquette plant skunk works where Henry Ford and a group of engineers first developed the idea of the assembly line and experimented with lighter materials to create a car that could be mass-produced. The specific goals and the deadlines of the Piquette project are secret. But company officials say it harks back to Henry Ford's innovative experiments with soy-based polymers and the idea of agriculture and industry being closely linked. "The mission was, 'Could Ford design the Model T of the next century?'" says William McDonough, an expert on green architecture who is running the sustainability part of the project, involving recyclable and biodegradable materials.​
Join me in the bathroom.

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Recycleable? Hell, there's probably some of my '49 Merc and my Dad's first Model A in my '89.........probably got some in our refrigerator, too!

Ironic that Bill Ford's using Edsel's desk. I got a bad feeling about FoMoCo....:wacko

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
everyone been using some recycle material. the cloth in a cars can be made out of carpet from the house. the metal could be the old iron tub we use to have in the house. the tires can be mad out of old shoes. it is just a matter of how far it is recycle thou.

·
Registered
9,133 Posts
Marv, you make me wanna puke.

Time said:
But company officials say it harks back to Henry Ford's innovative experiments with soy-based polymers and the idea of agriculture and industry being closely linked.
How is this a bad thing? This translates into more soy products in cars (you know, you can do more than eat the nasty little things). American farmers grow a ton of soybeans; and American farmers are dropping like flies because the fawking fools in Washington insist on making the country more and more dependant on foreign food. Somethings gotta happen, or we are not going to have anybody growing much of anything here.

I'm all for this, America's farmers need all the help they can get.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Whats wrong with reinventing Detriot. What's wrong with finding new ways to use soy. What's wrong with recycling. By no means would I call myself an environmentalist, but you have got to see that we need to find better ways to use and reuse what we have, because we won't have it forever.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,519 Posts
This is NOT a first for FORD...

"The FORD HEMP-MOBILE!!!"
:histerica :goodfinge :histerica

On a more serious note... if HEMP (read H E M P, not W E E D) were legalized, not only could it save the American Farmer but we could have a tremendous impact on the environment, not to mention ridding ourselves of this dependance on foreign oil for fuel... oh man, I could on and on for days.
If the majority of you knew what I've found over the years, it would blow your freakin' minds!:banghead

I'm all for soy based products. They are more affordable, recycleable (sp?) and consumers get to help the American Farmer instead of lining the pockets of Corporate asswipes who keep a strangle-hold on this country by keeping most of you afraid to learn the truth.

Yes, I am paranoid... but only becouse they really are out to get me (and you too!!) :goodfinge
ok marv... you can go puke now but if you take a puff... it will ease your nausea! :toothless

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
At least Ford is doing something instead of taking it deep like all the other domestic auto makers.

·
Bronkin' 'Round!
94 XLT 351 E4OD 4" Superlift 88 XLT AOD about to put on 4" Pro Comp lift
2,851 Posts
Model U.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
One problem... If companies start growing dependent on soy... We'll start importing soy beans from South America.

It's much cheaper to chop down 1000 acres of "rainforest" and grow soy and export it than having American farmers grow it. Even if it would only be slightly cheaper, corporations would find more ways to drive down the price in *other* nations so they could get it cheaper still.

So at the end of they day, we may have cheaper fuel and *maybe* cleaner air, but we would still be dependent on other nations for the supply AND they would cut down your beloved rainforest as well...

What's more imporant? Clean air in LA, or a thousand acres of trees? As much as I despise the "save the rainforest" movement, I'd take the trees as a natural air filter over clean air in LA or Houston.

·
Banned
6,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We've been recycling autos for decades - since WW2 actually. Go to a real salvage yard. They drain fluids to ship off to refineries, pull engines in 3 minutes, burn the non-metals out, shred the carcasses, separate the non-ferrous metals and ship all out to appropriate founderies.

More gasoline is coming online with an ethanol mix. Good for the agriculture business.

What really bothers me about that article is that Bill Ford is shown as some kind of borderline eco-nut. Corporate and political leaders should be pragmatic like Henry Ford was, and not single-issue "true believers" like Bill Ford seems to be.

Henry Ford was was an "I'm gonna build what you want" guy. He found ways to build more cars faster and cheaper. Bill Ford is an "I'm gonna build what I think you should have" guy. Henry Ford created jobs and built new factories. Bill Ford will lay off workers and close factories. Henry Ford added to the economy, and Bill Ford will hurt the economy.

In the process, Bill Ford is gonna spend billions on development and likely drive FoMoCo into bankrupcy.

·
Bronkin' 'Round!
94 XLT 351 E4OD 4" Superlift 88 XLT AOD about to put on 4" Pro Comp lift
2,851 Posts
What a crap bag. What needs to be done is what they always talk about and unfortunately. Looks like the UAW f*cked Ford over as explained in that article.

·
Surrounded by Assholes
2,880 Posts
Hopper said:
Marv, you make me wanna puke.
:stupid

It's called progress. And if your stuck in the past you'll get left behind. That applies to you, and Ford Motor Company.

If it doesn't work and the idea is crap, then fine. At least they explored the possibility. If it does, and its workable, then they are doing their bit towards environmentalism and sustainability.

-Matt

·
Surrounded by Assholes
2,880 Posts
marv said:
Bill Ford is an "I'm gonna build what I think you should have" guy.
Hows that, Marv? In the sixties the public demanded big cars with big engines. In the eighties the public demanded something smaller and more economic. In the late nineties to today, the public demands maximum mileage on the least gas. The car companies didnt shove electric cars, Hybrid cars, or Smart cars down our throats, we demanded them, and they provided. Now he is trying to mass-produce a new-age vehicle for the masses in a cost efficient way. How is that any different than Henry?

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
SouthFloridaBronco85 said:
Whats wrong with reinventing Detriot. What's wrong with finding new ways to use soy. What's wrong with recycling. By no means would I call myself an environmentalist, but you have got to see that we need to find better ways to use and reuse what we have, because we won't have it forever.
:stupid

Ubermich said:
One problem... If companies start growing dependent on soy... We'll start importing soy beans from South America.
Yeah, as long as we keep allowing politicians to sell us all out to the lowest bidder, you're right. But at least its ONE step in the right direction... maybe someday people will wake up and take the needed second step too...

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
My car seats are made of recycled cow skin.:histerica

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,997 Posts
i thought this was gonna be a thread about marv gettting drunk, scoring some chick at the neighborhood bar, and waking up the next morning to find hillary clinton in his bed...:toothless

·
crank trigger
8,155 Posts
jackhart said:
i thought this was gonna be a thread about marv gettting drunk, scoring some chick at the neighborhood bar, and waking up the next morning to find hillary clinton in his bed...:toothless
:histerica :histerica :histerica :histerica

good one. me too.

i want a diesel for my bronc so i can run biodiesel. that would be badass!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts