Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to the help of this site, I was able to do a couple "firsts" this weekend...

1) Worked on my own vehicle for the first time. (completed my ignition upgrade, installed new front & rear brakes, and installed a K&N FIPK)
2) Also did a little off-roading (including a river crossing) in my own vehicle for the first time up at a friend cabin.

Thanks to the new air intake system and the ignition upgrade I was even able to manage a very nice 15 mpg for the trip (250+ miles of highway driving, and about 60min of off-road driving)

Now I'm hooked!
More upgrades are definitely in my future (when I can pay for them), and I hope to be back in the mud again soon!

Thanks for everyone's help and support!

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Congratulations. Now prepare to stay broke the rest of your life.

·
crank trigger
8,151 Posts
Bronco Newbie said:
Thanks to the help of this site, I was able to do a couple "firsts" this weekend...

1) Worked on my own vehicle for the first time. (completed my ignition upgrade, installed new front & rear brakes, and installed a K&N FIPK)
2) Also did a little off-roading (including a river crossing) in my own vehicle for the first time up at a friend cabin.

Thanks to the new air intake system and the ignition upgrade I was even able to manage a very nice 15 mpg for the trip (250+ miles of highway driving, and about 60min of off-road driving)

Now I'm hooked!
More upgrades are definitely in my future (when I can pay for them), and I hope to be back in the mud again soon!

Thanks for everyone's help and support!

Cool! Now you get to repack the front bearings (always a good idea if you submerged them, and you need to do it anyhow). :thumbup

btw, it is easy but greasy.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Lets see some pics!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts