Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got finished moving into my new apartment here in Boone. School starts in a week and I have orentation tomorrow to get my classes squared away.

My 3 roommates have apparently been here for a while, but are no where to be found....i guess they are still home for the holiday. Its wierd thou...they left all their doors wide open.

Im excited about starting school, but a little lonely at the same time since im away from my g/f, my friends and my parents.

I might take some pics in a little while. Im not use to seeing snow in any amount really. It doesn't snow much in charlotte. Apparently boone got something like a foot of it last week, its mostly gone now, but i know its coming back :cry

Tues i start looking for a job :whiteflag

that is all

·
Zombie Hunter
13,684 Posts
go through their shit.

I need a charger for my cell phone, and a new mouse, they may have one i need. I will PM you my address.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Neighbors daughter was in school at ASU. They bought her a snowboard to use while she's there for christmas this year. She told them she wants to transfer to ECU, after 1 semester at ASU, shes back in Greenville. I might be able to get you a deal on that snowboard, LOL!

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha, nah i ain't doing that. I figure its probably a test or something They probably have a hidden camera or something. Somebody must have money or a credit card. Theres a big LCD tv in the living room, surround sound, xbox 360 games, tons of DVDs, dvd player. By glancing thru the open door i can tell one guy has an alienware desktop :toothless

As i figured at least somebody is a drinker. Theres a bunch of empty liquor bottles in the kitchen and a few 6 packs in the fridge. I don't drink. I don't mind if they do, but i just hope they don't get wasted and trash the place. Doesn't appear that they do thou. I just want to get thru my degree as fast as i can and get back to warmer NC.

Im close to broke now....so going off to warm up some ramen :duh

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Neighbors daughter was in school at ASU. They bought her a snowboard to use while she's there for christmas this year. She told them she wants to transfer to ECU, after 1 semester at ASU, shes back in Greenville. I might be able to get you a deal on that snowboard, LOL!
Heh, i probably didn't make this clear in the first post.....

I HATE WINTER :madder

Actually i tried snow boarding once....and i wiped out all the way down the freezing cold mountian straight back to the clubhouse. Then spent the next 2 hours trying to warm up again. :doh0715:

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bring it on rob, im gonna need em.....

did i mention i cant cook? well....never have other than microwave stuff

·
Zombie Hunter
13,684 Posts
Have you cracked an egg in it ??? thats delicious
Hell yea!

I also make them spicy hot with Cheese, onion, green pepper, red pepper, garlic powder and fresh ground pepper, all with hot sauce on the top.

With my budget the way it is, i've lived off them for the last 9 months or so.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Hell yea!

I also make them spicy hot with Cheese, onion, green pepper, red pepper, garlic powder and fresh ground pepper, all with hot sauce on the top.

With my budget the way it is, i've lived off them for the last 9 months or so.
That sounds pretty damn good.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,684 Posts
its delicious for less that a dollar! Take that Mcdonalds !!
gah! i can't eat fast food.

i am better off just buying it, bringing it home and throwing it directly into the toilet while punching myself in the stomach.

Josh there is a cookbook dedicated just to college students, i can't remember the name of it, if i come across it i will link it in here.

It had meals you could make for under $2, and it had meals you could make and store in a freezer to eat all week.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Closest I've ever lived to Boone is Asheville. I've been close to Mt. Holly too, I lived in the Gastonia/Shelby area. Winter in NC was more penetrating than winter in Utah, it's the difference between standing in a freezer and jumping into an icy lake. I'm not for the humidity! Good luck man. :drinkbud

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ill get some tomorra when i got to campus for orientation.

·
Registered
127 Posts
hey magnum your only about 30 mins away from here in mountain city while your in boone check out high country 4x4 shop they got some great rides and lots of parts to get you through that foot of snow with more snow to come by sunday and monday i hear Might be over your way soon Give ya a holler

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sounds good. Wheres high country 4x4 at? TN? Just drop me a PM if you plan on stopping by to make sure ill be here.

I registered for classes today.....and found out im REALLY behind. Turns out only about 4 classes out of about 15 transfered from my local community college. So i transfered in only about 25 credits. I need 120some to graduate....so much for 2 years in boone. Its looking like 3 or 3.5 now. :doh0715:

So since im so far behind Im pretty loaded up for this semester. Im registered for 15 credit hours right now. I have to go thrus and talk to the head of the math department and get him to add a seat to a college level algebra class so i can get it in. (I haven't had a math in about 3 years.....im rusty). So once that math is added I'll have a maxed out 18 credit hours. :whiteflag

Tomorra Im gonna look for a part time job. If anybody knows of a job around boone or can put in a good word for me please let me know. I don't have to work full time like i thought i would. but im still gonna need 20+ hours a week.

My roommates still haven't showed up. If they aren't here by the first day of class i might have a bunch of electronics on ebay....and a new computer :toothless

I think ill try to keep this thread updated with my college progress as i go along.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts