Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did some searching and all I found was some vague Badass type comments about the weak '80 frame. Is there gonna be a problem getting jiggy with a stick welder and some scrap metal to get it beefier? How much of a problem is this "swiss" frame?
81 bronk if your still alive out there have you had to mod anything in relation to frame weakness?

· Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when you say fill the holes, Im just thinking about planting big ass pieces of 1/4" steel plate down as much of the length inside and outside the frame rails, basically where ever I can fit it, that should work dont you think?

· Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how should I fill the holes though? plate on one side then a circle cut out to fill the hole? 1/8" sounds good, I mean I'm not building one completely from scratch Im just beefing up so I guess I could see 1/4" being a bit overkill

· Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ryan, I was planning on it anyway, I should have mentioned it but I've been assumeing along with the SAS I'll box it all up.

hwy to hell, Id love to see those pics if you can get em

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.