Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have 8 on 6.5 steel 15" rims? I bought my Super Swampers and the first outing blew up the rear end :banghead, so now that I've decided to upgrade, I need 15" 8 lug rims, preferably with 4.5 backspacing. Hoping to buy used now and upgrade to bigger tires and rims at a later date

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw a set on Craigs list prior to Xmas for $150, thought about getting them just because, talked myself out of it and now I'm looking at $500 for a set of new.... My mistake for sure

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
4.5" bs'ing will most likely not clear the calipers up front

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My mistake, I saw your post under my other listing Jopes. 2.5" Backspacing preferred. For some reason I thought the bigger backspacing meant the tire stuck out away from the caliper further.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
the size of back spacing means how much of the rim goes in towards the axle.

so on a 10" wide rim, with 2.5" of back spacing you have 7.5" sticking out protecting the hub.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good info, thanks. I'm going to get the rear axle swapped tonight, and hopefully have the innards of my front axle swapped tommorrow night. I found a set of 4 rims with 35x15 TSL's for $600 about 3 hours up the road from me... waiting to find out the backspacing, the guy isn't answering his phone. What do you think about mix matching tires... 2 TSL's up front, 2 Boggers in the rear?

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
been done for years.

·
is hazardous to others
1,656 Posts
one of my friends ordered a set of us wheel's from summit 15x10 8 on 6.5 with 2.5 inch backspacing last week and paid something like $260 for all 4. unpainted. ordered them on monday got them thursday....

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
sure

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
as much time as your on here, and as knowledgable as you are on these things, I should load my truck up on my gooseneck and drop it off at your place with a couple grand and ask when to pick it back up ;)

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
as much time as your on here, and as knowledgable as you are on these things, I should load my truck up on my gooseneck and drop it off at your place with a couple grand and ask when to pick it back up ;)
ahhh thanks... but no thanks... :thumbup

·
Premium Member
4,161 Posts
You need any welding done on it?:toothless

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
:toothless

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm taking most of Jopes advice on this old truck, but when he starts talking about getting rid of the body and going to an erector set body, I've got to pretend I didn't hear

1 - 18 of 18 Posts