Votes: 45 71.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Need a Bumper?
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright here is my delema.

I'm loosing interest in my bronco....(I know, I know) but thats what happens to me. I'm constantly moving from one project to the next. Currently I have 3 broncos. My 78 which I have owned for 13 years I'm planning on selling soon. My 93 which resides above on the FSB banner and a 72 early bronco that was going to be a restoration project.

No I'm not gonna get a Jeep like RedWagon:goodfinge

My 93 bronco is the one in question.

I've been building it up for the past 3 years, building it up, breaking down, fix and upgrade ect. Its very well built and has never let me down. However its my daily driver (40+ miles a day) but built for the trail not the highway. I will be buying my wife a new car soon and making hers my DD so thats not a big issue. The issue is that for the trails I like to run the bronco is a little bigger than I'd like but with 2 kids it works well for hauling gear and people. The biggest issue is I'm bored with it so here are my options:

1#
Sell it outright and put the money into another project
Pros:
> Get to start from a clean slate
> Someone else gets to own a well built legend in the FSB world:rofl:

Cons:
> Major loss of $$ and time investment
> My wife always seems to get her hands on the money before I can buy a new project
> Couple years of down time during the build

2#
Make the Early bronco into a Bad Ass wheeling machine utilizing parts I've built for the 93 and part out the rest of the 93 and what I wouldn't use from the EB.
Pros:
> Very little $$ investment this way
> Shorter down time because I can build the frame, chassis, body and cage mods on the EB before swapping parts from the 93.
> Still have the 93 during the majority of the build time to play with.
> Smaller = better for the tight trails
> Early bronco's are just bad ass!!!

Cons:
>Killing a great 93
>EB is almost too nice to not do a full restoration on

3#
Get over it Chris!

·
U jelly of my
3,202 Posts
I said 3... Theres always more you can do, and your truck is the perfect R&D vehicle for your line up of FSB products.... And the perfect showcase for what you build also....

Stuff a 460 in there!

·
2nd mouse gets the cheese
614 Posts
I said 3... Theres always more you can do, and your truck is the perfect R&D vehicle for your line up of FSB products.... And the perfect showcase for what you build also....

Stuff a 460 in there!
:stupid

·
Registered
8,261 Posts

Stuff a 460 in there!
X eleventy bajillion

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,253 Posts
Hefty narrow it cut 4" out of each side and make it a narrow trail Jeep eater I would walk all over these guys here if I had a little less body to contend with. I,m sure you could make it rock and you have the place to do it unlike some of us.

·
MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAATTT!!!!
2,976 Posts
Yea, your way in too deep if you sell it. Won't get anything out of it. Keep it, and see what happens. Sell the other ones and put the money from them into the 93. try a different approach in building a better wheeler.

·
ate lug
8,474 Posts
No fair, this is a loaded question!

If you can keep it, i think i would. I know mine is getting pretty hammered (again), but i just enjoy being in a fullsize truck on the trails. I mean, i have a zuk on 29" SXs and its fun as hell, but it has made me appreciate the bronco all the more. I know that its not the best wheeler out there (too big & heavy) but i also know that in order to go any further i need to all but build a buggy, and thats not something i want to do. If youre bored with it maybe it just means its time to try something different. Either play with the drivetrain, or do something different with the suspension. A bolt-on 4-link kit would be sweet ;) I think if you swap to the EB, while youll love the size of it, there wont be much room for anything once you squeeze two kids in there. Dont use the road manners as an excuse, cuz the EB wont do any better on the highway. I know i miss being able to cruise mine down the road all the time (damn bumper/fender laws!), but i also know id regret it if i parted it out and built something else.

·
Need a Bumper?
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No fair, this is a loaded question!

If you can keep it, i think i would. I know mine is getting pretty hammered (again), but i just enjoy being in a fullsize truck on the trails. I mean, i have a zuk on 29" SXs and its fun as hell, but it has made me appreciate the bronco all the more. I know that its not the best wheeler out there (too big & heavy) but i also know that in order to go any further i need to all but build a buggy, and thats not something i want to do. If youre bored with it maybe it just means its time to try something different. Either play with the drivetrain, or do something different with the suspension. A bolt-on 4-link kit would be sweet ;) I think if you swap to the EB, while youll love the size of it, there wont be much room for anything once you squeeze two kids in there. Dont use the road manners as an excuse, cuz the EB wont do any better on the highway. I know i miss being able to cruise mine down the road all the time (damn bumper/fender laws!), but i also know id regret it if i parted it out and built something else.
Thats it! Best answer so far.

It is too big and too heavy....But it already walks over all the Jeeps

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Sheet metal is way overrated! Cut, chop, and rebuild. The Carcass lost another 100 lbs up front this weekend. nmNo boredom here, I got more than I can get done and keep tearing into it.

I got this for my new bidness and daily driver:

Which prompted this:

·
car ramrod
602 Posts
Sheet metal is way overrated! Cut, chop, and rebuild. The Carcass lost another 100 lbs up front this weekend. nmNo boredom here, I got more than I can get done and keep tearing into it.
Swat, is the Carcass still street legal?

·
F.O.T.M. - MAY 2014!!!
6,255 Posts
Sell it to someone that will use it. Its pretty fawking built and I don't think parting it out would be a good idea, might as well go all new with your EB. If I was closer I would be real interested in buying it, if the price was right. I WISH I could of bought BroncZilla or Redwagons .

So my answer is #1.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts