Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a buddy is a mechanic at a dealer near us... they sold a guy a 07 Z06 black on black... him and i went down at 9pm to inspect it bc the guy wanted it b4 the snow storm hit.. its used w/ 12k on the odo... out the door for $57k

i got to ride shotty... then got to get behind the wheel...

all i can say is HOLY SHIT!!! the most amazing automobile ive ever been in...

by the time we got it to hook up at 4,000 rpms in 3rd we were doing 96mph... its nearly undriveable...
it is the smoothest, fastest... its unexplainable how perfect it is... ive driven $125,000 twin turbo porsches and mercedes etc.... nothing compares

it was amazing:thumbup

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
So, you were flogging on someone else's $80k+ automobile before they took delivery?

Yes, the Z06 is amazing.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
a buddy is a mechanic at a dealer near us... they sold a guy a 08 Z06 black on black... him and i went down at 9pm to inspect it bc the guy wanted it b4 the snow storm hit..

i got to ride shotty... then got to get behind the wheel...

all i can say is HOLY SHIT!!! the most amazing automobile ive ever been in...

by the time we got it to hook up at 4,000 rpms in 3rd we were doing 96mph...
it is the smoothest, fastest... its unexplainable how perfect it is... ive driven $125,000 twin turbo porsches and mercedes etc.... nothing compares

it was amazing:thumbup
It's nice to hear you'r friend respects the vehicles he works on by stomping on the gas and then letting his buddy do the same.:thumbup

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
it's made to handle that... so bfd... if any of those things would break that car it would not be bad ass... it sounds like it was just part of the inspection "process"... sounds like it passed

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
reminds me of a story not too far back of a mechanic guy totalling one of his clients vette... I think it was posted here...

Anyway thats a pretty irresponible thing for your buddy to do... not you, you were innocent:thumbup But if I was you buddies boss and reading this thread I would have to do some @$$ whoopin

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
it's made to handle that... so bfd... if any of those things would break that car it would not be bad ass... it sounds like it was just part of the inspection "process"... sounds like it passed
So if someone were to repair your hubs and then go out into the back forty and do some serious mudding for about 30 minutes because he wanted to make sure it worked, you would be ok with that? I mean heck it is designed to do that after all.:doh0715:

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A. we were doing a special service for the customer

B. the "boss" handed me the keys

C. its not like we sat and powerstood the tires off...

the d-bag 25 y/o kid that picked it up will wreck it in a few weeks..

oh and it was used... not like i was racking up miles on a 46 mile car... it had 12k on the odo

your just jealous... do you guys have any idea how bad cars get beat at the factory... ever seen the superduty suspension test strip???

dc

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
plus for those of you who actually ARE mechanics... you all know what happens behind closed doors w/ the Fun cars :D

its like bitching about your doc making fun of you while ur asleep in surgery... get over it

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Sweet. I got to drive a C5 corevette. Its a wiked smooth kind of fast. I know thats no Z06, but its crazy how smooth it accelerates, QUICKLY. It just GOES before you know it.

sweet cars.

·
Registered
9,130 Posts

oh and it was used... not like i was racking up miles on a 46 mile car... it had 12k on the odo

your just jealous... do you guys have any idea how bad cars get beat at the factory... ever seen the superduty suspension test strip???

dc
1) That has nothing to do with anything.

2) Your original post made it sound like the person you went with was an oil jockey, not the owner of the car.

3) You didn't mention that it was a 12k mile car.

4) That is irrelevant as well. If the car/truck fails on the factory test runs, it's properly dealt with. If you had crashed that Vette ( due to a blowout or some other such freak occurrence, your driving skill is not in question :rolleyes: ) what would have happened then? Since you were supposedly riding with the "Boss" (I'm taking that as the person who either owns the car, or is 100% responsible for it) this is not such a big deal. He would probably cut your throat in a heartbeat ($70k will make people so strange things), but since he was responsible for the car and let you drive you would be ok. Even though I feel like joy riding in a customer's car is very wrong, it's not as bad as it sounded initially.

In your initial post, it sounded like you and an oil jockey were out joy riding in someone else's custom ordered brand new '08 Z06; you can understand how that would look bad.

I'm not in the least jealous. I absolutely hate driving other people's cars. No way do I want to pay to fix someone else's shit.

BTW, I just saw your other post. Every respectable mechanic I know has not joy ridden a customer's car since they were in their 20's. Some not even then. Not everyone does it. And don't even try to tell us that you would not be pissed if you sent your Bronco out for something and they beat the hell out of it. I'm sure that they'll change the fluids and repack the bearings after they get done testing if your door seals will stop water :rolleyes:

·
Registered
91 Posts
That's exactly why I don't take my vehicles to ANY shop. I've seen how the local dealership and Firestone (got friends that work there) treat the customer's vehicles. :banghead

You buy a $80k car, and find out that some young, dumbass kid from the dealer got behind the wheel and abused your car...and I'd bet you'd be pissed. Not to mention when the dumbass kid lets his dumbass buddy, with no relation to the dealership, go on a joy-ride in it. You'd better hope I don't find you! :smilie_slap:twak

What? Find that squeak at 120mph and 100% throttle?

So the mechanic at the dealership is the "boss"? Highly unlikely. The true boss is the person who's name is on the title to that car.

No, but you did shorten the life of that car (especially the tires...you do know what they cost? $$$$).

Oh really? You'll snap an axle in a few weeks too...so can I do a few Neutral drops in your Bronco?

12,000 miles on a 2008 Corvette? I only put 10K on my DD in a year!

No, I'm not jealous. I hate Chebbies. If you drove a Ford GT, I'd be more impressed.

Oh, and the vehicles that the Factories beat on are only a select few for quality control. They go to the crusher after the tests.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i understand the origional post is misleading... the person in the car with me(my buddie) is the one of two head mechanics there... the boss... the owner handed us the keys and said dont break it...

technically in pa, inspection requires a test drive... we never touched 100% throttle... it was hard to keep the tires hooked up at 35%ish throttle... i sure as hell never touched 100% or even 75%... and i never expected 90+mph that quick...

had i managed to wreck it ona straight road... yea thats bad... but it happens... we werent blowing down windy back roads at 100mph... this was dead straight line... the owner trusts both of us as drivers too... he knew we were gonna play around a little.... but realized this was a 5mile round trip drive...

as far as mechanics "joy" riding... i dunno... the more mechanics i know that deal with high HP cars... ie: twin turbo porsches, m3's and m5's... cts-v caddys, vettes and all the way to ferraris... they play some... doesnt matter how long they have been doing it...
i agree with you hopper... the majority of the respectable mechanics i know dont joy ride anymore either... but they are working on <300hp domestic cars... its different when the stuff you work on happens to go 0-60 in under 5 sec...

700r: you can say your not jealous...i dont care... im not a chevvy guy either... chevy or not... this is a pace setting super car for under $80k that smokes ferrari's... i dont like lamborghinis, but i get a big grin when i get to ride in one...
chevy or not... they got this car right.. its balls out fast, comfortable.. parts arent redicuously priced... and its comfortable.. also, most cars with this kind of performance capability require extensive maintenance... an f430 ferrari costs triple + the price, and you have to spend $25k every 15-20 thousand miles to have the motor rebuilt (TTY bolts replaced)
chevy built a hell of a car and managed to get awesome power, comfort and reliability all mixed in for a great price... this car was out the door for 57,000 w/ 12k on the odo.... you cant beat that

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
and yes... if i took my car to a mechanic and they beat on my shit id be pissed... no doubt... but if the millions of americans knew what was happening to their cars after they got dropped off at the mechanic theyd be pissed to... IE; fraud and playing around

it only seems to matter when someone finds out lol... understand we werent doing donuts and roasting the tires... i walked the ass end out... mainly because i was having trouble getting the power to the groudn at all... im serious when i said NO WHERE NEAR full throttle...

understand if youve never driven a car liek that... even with 14" wide tires... its tuff to get 505hp to the ground...if you rolled onto the throttle to 50% throttle while rolling at 30 mph in 3rd it would roast them... just non stop balls out power...

dc

·
Be jealous of my
923 Posts
I know exactly what happened here. Not too uncommon. Lucky for me I get to witness it pretty regularly. Couple buddy's of mine are mechanics at the local Dodge dealer. Lets just say you don't wanna know what goes on behind closed doors.

The Z06 is a performance car. Romp on the gas and it won't hurt it, infact thats how it's engineered to be driven so all power to you. I'm sure the guy who received it would be pissed, you guys walk out, go back to the dealer, he jumps in it and drives it the same way. It's not that big of a deal. The dealer is responsible under insurance for the car and technically the guy at the dealer was driving it, he just let someone else test drive it in the process. My question is this, how is it any different than someone walking into a dealer, saying they wanna test drive a new Mustang or whatever and driving the piss out of it on the test drive? It isn't. Still insured by the same people.

·
No avatar required
10,956 Posts
plus for those of you who actually ARE mechanics... you all know what happens behind closed doors w/ the Fun cars :D
Like the Firehawk I inspected when I worked for a Pontiac dealer? :toothless

105mph in 4th gear with the customer in the right seat :imp

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
where are yall gettin 08 from. it clearly says an 07 with 12k

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
DC, it sounds like your back pedalling now.

When I was in my early twenties, I rebuilt a 350 for my firebird and even after I broke in the motor, I never took it past 4000 RPM, well hardly. It wasn't until I sold the car to my brother that I heard how he would take it up to 5800 RPM (which explains the spun bearings when I got it back, the pontica BB is not designed for that kind of RPM) and change gears manually and it would go snakey up the road. I was pissed when I found out, even though it was no longer my car.

So my point is, how do you know this guy doesn't baby it?

1 - 20 of 101 Posts