Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAATTT!!!!
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so for the longest time ive had my mind set on getting the Explorer Pro Comp stage two 6inch lift and some 35'' mud terrain tires. My brother recently lifted his ranger with a six inch lift and put 35's under it and i know size wise mine is gonna be taller but anyways thre isnt to much room under there to flex and get all that he can out of the suspension that he bought. I know that size wise if i got a six inch lift and 35'' id have more room because the bronco is naturally bigger...Just recently i changed my mind about the 6''lift to go bigger to an 8'' lift, i know that they are harder on the twin i beam axle i got in front, but what if i still ran 35's would it still break it as easily. I know that I'd have to get extended drivelines and all..

question one: Would getting an 8''lift and 35's destroy the front of my front end?
question two: Would switching to a stronger front axle be wise to get later on down the road still with the 8'' lift on, or before i lift it?
question three: Would getting the 6'' lift and 35's give me enough clearence that i wouldnt be rubbing everytime i find my self in a situation.

more questions later on, after i know more..

thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts
6" and 35s is plenty.... you will never hit with that.... Fords destroy front ends with 235/75/R15s on there, so 35s just help that process along....

SAS is also a very good choice too..... If you are thinking about that, do that first.... dont do a TTB lift, then go back and SAS it down the road ( like I just did )

Go look at the TTB flex thread and look for people with 6" lifts and 35s... there are probably 1000+ people here running that setup....

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
hell i run a 4" lift and 36s with no rubbing at all. granted the bottom of the corners were a bit close, but...just a little bit of sawzall work and took care of that, but plenty of clearance at the top of the fender and no rub on bumper or RAs...even when i had the stock bumper I didnt have to trim, and that was at full lock.

with SM down I dont have access to all my pics but here is one i do have access to, mine is the camo one

·
ladies enjoy his
4,280 Posts
1. not at first, it would deffinatly speed up the process, and you will get alot of lean unless you have some really wide tires, not to meantion there would be a ton of space in there

2. of course a solid front axle is wise to get, you can't beat em' for wheeling. even though i am not doing it it would be better to get before, but not necessary

3. yes, that is what the factory rates it for just because they kow there will be ABSOLUTELY no rubbing. i asked if the local 4hweelparts would install 37''s w/ the lift and they won't do it b/c there are rubbing issues that they could possibly end up in a lawsuit for

so yes, you will not have ANY rubs w/ a 6'' lift and 35's

·
MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAATTT!!!!
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, more replys are welcom im not so much a NOOB when it comes to this stuff...i just really havent talked to anybody who has a bronco and that has done the things that i want to do to mine...thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts