Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
not to change the subject...

my lefthand tailgate latch doesnt opperate properly, it doesnt stay latched and so the left side of the tailgate is loose sometimes,

anyone else rebuild one of these, or should i just order anotherone off broncograveyard?

·
Registered
315 Posts
i would love to buy a tailgate latch from someone on here, maybe ill do both at the same time..

yes you just roll up the window and support it with a carpeted sawhorse and then take the latch out,

i took my latch to see if i could repair it or clean it, but it is just worn out...

i am going to buy them off broncograveyard if noone else wants my money ;) as long as they are in good condition im game.

·
Registered
315 Posts
mine just wont stay latched, feels like the ratcheting mechanism is either stuck open or worn out, i will check on the rod being bent though,

fordman: i think with the window about 3/4 of the way up i was able to get in there... if you cant i think you can take the window off its track and then lower the track back down, big PITA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.