Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,252 Posts
Have you tried a junk yard? What is that an a/c bracket?

·
Thanks 351w500
5,447 Posts
What bracket is that?? I have them if it the ac,but i cant tell from the pic, yea i getting old

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
i am haveing the same problem finding bolts. i havent gone to a junk yard yet because i want new ones, not old and rusty. i snaped one of the bolts that holds on the power steering box and i cant find it anywhere. so i finally just went to homedepot and got a 7/16 piece of all thread and some nuts and made a bolt. it's not grade 8, only grade 5 but it will work for now until i find the right one.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I found all the bolts that Ford didnt have anymore at ACE the right hardness too or try ARP as they have a ton though a lil pricy ..

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
Stainless would be the way to go, if you live in the great salty north. I'm glad I did. :thumbup

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No it is the alternator/smog pump bracket. The bolt sizes are easy to find, the bolts themselves are a different story. Each bolt tapers down from about the size of your thumb to the threads. I've went to ford and they can not find them in there system. The bracket is off a 93 351w. All the junk yards in my area strip the motors to bolts and sell them that way so I can't find them in junk yards.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
:stupid

I think I know the type of bolt he's talking about, but there should be no problem with regular fasteners.

If you find a clearance issue, be sure it's not just corrosion, and then perhaps try using a collar if it's still sloppy. Remember, it only has to hold the bracket against the block, and there's not a great deal of force on those fasteners.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I couldnt find the bolts for My A/C bracket anywhere. on a 1991 302. the bolts that go through the water pump and timing chain cover and have a stud coming out of the hex head to mount the A/C bracket on. anybody know where these could be found?

·
Registered
295 Posts
I couldnt find the bolts for My A/C bracket anywhere. on a 1991 302. the bolts that go through the water pump and timing chain cover and have a stud coming out of the hex head to mount the A/C bracket on. anybody know where these could be found?
You can get those in any decent auto parts store / auto zone. You'll find them in the Dorman HELP parts, and they're called water pump bolts, I think.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok I have been using normal grade 8 bolts with washers on top to hold the bracket against the block but the bracket has to much play so I would wrap paper around them to keep them stable, I know it is terrible but with it and electrical tape it works for on road use. The problem is offroad the belt slips or it walks off the belt tensioner pully, to compound this isn't is my kenne bell supercharger. Excuse the terrible mess and dirty dirty motor (just back from deployment when these were taken) but this pic shows there is no real pulley alignment issues
and this one shows the bracket that moves to the left of the supercharger holding the alternator, you can see what it has done to a normally smooth pulley

·
Registered
25 Posts
sydude said:
You can get those in any decent auto parts store / auto zone. You'll find them in the Dorman HELP parts, and they're called water pump bolts, I think
Thanks, I found the kit for the WP bolts on the dorman website. just have to find an auto parts store here that can get me them, shouldnt be tough.

·
shibby
4,828 Posts
Ok I have been using normal grade 8 bolts with washers on top to hold the bracket against the block but the bracket has to much play so I would wrap paper around them to keep them stable, I know it is terrible but with it and electrical tape it works for on road use. The problem is offroad the belt slips or it walks off the belt tensioner pully, to compound this isn't is my kenne bell supercharger. Excuse the terrible mess and dirty dirty motor (just back from deployment when these were taken) but this pic shows there is no real pulley alignment issues and this one shows the bracket that moves to the left of the supercharger holding the alternator, you can see what it has done to a normally smooth pulley
You have other issues then. The only thing the bracket bolts do is clamp the bracket to the block. The bolts have nothing to do with alignment of the pulleys.

It does look like your AC pump slightly tilted. I'd work on straightening that out before focusing on the bracket to block bolts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts