Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up this AM at my bud's house (slept in the bronco after a big Halloween party), and was backing out when I saw the Bobcat trailer across the field. Figured I'd give it a whirl...

The rear wheel would start up the ramp before the front came up, so I guess it's got a little more than this pic shows, but whatever... I guess I'll have to drive to Keith L's house to know fer sure... (use his new booger-welded, yard art) , but for now, based on my super-doppler-butt-dyno'ed, speculation-calibrated-RTI indicator, I'm just glad I got the e-brake to hold it while I got out to take some pics.

Whatever, I guess I should have drank more last night. I was up at 0630.

-matt

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
nice pics. how do you like those baja belteds?:thumbup

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, Swampers they aint... :)

I had them in the mud last weekend

They are more of a sand-mall-terrain-boulevard-look-good type of tire I think, but actually I've been quite pleased with them and seriously believe they're better in the mud than my old BFG MT's (they clean themselves better) and even though they're wide (14.50) the truck rides nicer on the road too.
I bought them used (about a month or two old)
I needed some tires badly and the price was pretty good.
I'd like to take a groover to those center lugs though. The voids are so tight, it gives the appearance of over-inflation, like it's being worn on the center only.

Answer to your question: I like them.

-matt

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
nice flex shots! those duff radius arms look like they are doing their job!

wes

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Very nice Matt...

When you gonna help put my lift on???:thumbup

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Hey Matt, I know we talked about those tire the other week-end but I never saw...are they radials???:shrug

P.S. Feel like helping me do a SAS on the beast???:toothless

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wes 03 said:
nice flex shots! those duff radius arms look like they are doing their job!
wes
I've been happy with the decision to buy them. Thanks.

Lord Drilim wrote: Very nice Matt...
When you gonna help put my lift on???
I'd be glad to help. What lift did you end up getting?

Blaze wrote:Hey Matt, I know we talked about those tire the other week-end but I never saw...are they radials???

P.S. Feel like helping me do a SAS on the beast???
I don't know if they're radials by defintion or not. Maybe they'd be considered biased-plied? I don't know. They're not steel belted. The tread has 4 polyester plies and 2 fiberglass belts, while the sidewall has 4 polyester plies only.
When are you going to SAS? It'd be neat to try to get a couple of guys together if possible. You still thinking of bringing it here or at your place?

-matt

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
I really don't have a good place to take on a job that big at my house...if someone had a place to do it I'd bring it down...It would be pretty cool though to have a big SAS party...:thumbup

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,716 Posts
JAFO..........Nice Pics Broooo, :thumbup

Sorry to jump in but...this is FSB hehehe.......

Drilim, Why don't we have a "Bronco Lift Party"? ? ? ? ? ?{Like, maybe the first weekend of November? I will also bring the BEER {But No drinking 'till we are all lifted} Atleast the trucks that is......

Gearhead....I am shooting up to the Docs this Thursday. One of my boys has made State in The HIGH Skool Swimming Team. I will be around you neck of the woods and would love to hook up with you....
{MEET HIM, YOU PERVERTS:twak}

My Cell # is (954) ^)(- 8909

Allcruisen :imp :usa

Hope to be able to meet up with you or any one else up Northern Florida. This is in Sebastian Beach....

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
sebastian beach is over an hour away from me. i cant get away during the week, but maybe on a weekend if your around. we need to have a fla ride somewhere in the middle so you so fla guys can make it too. there is enuff of you guys down there to start something. is there anywhere to ride around occechobee? i used to wheel in corbit when i lived in boca.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GearHead said:
i'll bring beer
Yeah man.
Blaze, bring the Beast down here and do it at my house. I've got a decent amount of tools, a torch, grinder, welder, drill press, a bunch of irrelevant woodworking tools :) , I'd say we'd need some more jackstands than I have (the taller, the better), a better floor jack than I have (or two) and another drill or two, grinding wheels, cut-off wheels, drill-bits, and some steel (to make a track bar mount).
If you want to plan this b!tch right, get an adjustable drag link for a 78-9 beforehand, so you or I or we can get it shortened and re-threaded ahead of time, and (provided you already have a dropped pitman arm) all we'd have to do is ream it out. (I've got the reamer too)
Decide what kind of extended radius arms you want, or drop-brackets (eww), I've got some 7 degree C-bushings if your interested in trying to SAS the way I did the first time. Plan on getting a good alignment done afterwards (might be tough to do on a weekend).

Or just drop it off with me and I'll do the whole thing myself and call you when it's done. (do you trust me? :) )

If you get all the things you'll need for this ahead of time, we could do this in a day or two. Otherwise, I'd say a contingency plan, involving leaving the Beast here and having a way of getting home, and coming back later to get it, would be more realistic.
Eighther way, I'd be glad to help if I can. I think it'd be even more cool if we got some of the guys in the area together, and made a FSB-type group effort.

-matt

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Allcruisen...

First weekend of november most likely wont be good...

I still have to get the check out to Sean/Seboh in NC. Then i still am going to shop around for springs, leafs, Bushings....Thats probably gonna take a little but

Blaze and Jafo...

If you guys want to hook up towards the end of november and help throw the lift on...wink wink...We could do a 4 or 5 day thing....Do an sas for blaze, and lift my truck. Blaze, We could split a hotel or pay for all Matts beer and pizza....We'll have to get this planned.

Gear, Definately need a ride somewhere a little farther south. hard to drive 6 hours or so, Wheel...and then ride it back on the highway 6 hours.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
matt, i got a grinder, drill, shitty floor jack, and a couple of stands.
tons of hand tools. i'll be glad to help. i woudl love to see this done in person and learn some good info. so if i decide to do this to my bronco, or a ranger if i ever find one to turn into a trail rig. matts about 25 miles from my place, so it would be no big deal for me to help out.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
im sorry but i have no good input to put here i just wanna laugh at Gearheads location "right thurr" LMAO:lolup

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,456 Posts
Matt thats sounds good to me. I was in the middle of purchasing the super runner steering linkage will that work?? Hell, just PM me your # and I'll give you a call...:thumbup

Drilim, that sounds like a plan to me. We could all pitch in and do both. I have no problem splitting a room with ya, but realisticly we gotta plan for problems and this may take more than just a week-end so we may have to do the room thing more than once...like I said though still no problem for me. PM me your # too and I'll get everything straight with you and Matt. :thumbup

Allen I'd love for us all to work together it gets old working on your rig alone with nobody to cut up/BS with. Jeremy will prolly wanna come over too after he gets back to work and reads this... :beer

P.S. I'm ready to do this soon guys, if you are.... :shrug

1 - 20 of 29 Posts