Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the group's suggestions on reducing/eliminating body roll and other options to improve cornering. I'm in the beginning stages of restoring my Bronco, and it corners like a hog on ice!

My first steps are new shocks, looks like I'm going with Gabriel Red Ryders.

Thanks,

Michael

·
No avatar required
10,958 Posts
The only way to improve cornering on a Bronco is to never take a corner in it at high speeds. Stick to the stang for that.

·
Building gold from crap
2,253 Posts
:histerica :histerica :histerica
its a bronco not a sportscar
being that your bronco is kind of old, maybe it needs new suspension, some have found that even a small lift like 2.5" and new tires, like 33x12.50 will handle better because of the wider stance from the tires. good shocks are nice, bilsteins are highly recommended.

i had put airlift airbags in my front coils to eliminate the squat, it made the truck tighter in the corners, not much better but it stopped the body roll a bit, and the nose dive during braking, but it also roughed the ride a bit

what are you looking to do with your bronco, there are many things to do to improve it

·
Registered
787 Posts
Front and rear sway bars with polyurethane bushings.

·
CheeseBurger Milkshake!!
3,760 Posts
Wider tires seem to help with the stability. Urethane bushings will help also.

Don't expect too much, it's a 5000+lb brick, it's never going to handle like a sports car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I should have said (I guess) that I know it's not going to corner like a 'Stang, but that's not what I'm expecting.

·
TTB for short
2,189 Posts
driving slower would significantly reduce body roll in corners :thumbup

frankly man, they just don't handle... stiffer springs would help the body roll but ride like crap, shocks should help, wider tires are a plus too

·
Project Re-Build & Finish
1,012 Posts
I'd go with double sway bars in the front. You should be able to find about 2,000 people with an extra one for sale around this site. Mine is about 10 miles away from my house but I could drive my Bronco over to get it if you're interested. Free plus shipping.
:thumbup

·
Registered
91 Posts
mrstang01 said:
Nope, trucks get lifted, lowering is for ricers
I saw this on the back of someones truck

"lowering is for little boys who can't get it up!"
:lolup

·
Registered
64 Posts
mrstang01 said:
What is the group's suggestions on reducing/eliminating body roll and other options to improve cornering. I'm in the beginning stages of restoring my Bronco, and it corners like a hog on ice!

My first steps are new shocks, looks like I'm going with Gabriel Red Ryders.

Thanks,

Michael

Front and rear swaybars, and the front quad shock option does alot for the handling. Actually the bronco is ideal for good handling because it's got a 50/50 weight balance, but I think to really take advantage of that you would have to slam it into the weeds.

Greg

·
Registered
76 Posts
For what it's worth, a buddy of mine has a '78 with a 3 inch lift and 33" BFG's and it corners very very well. The Rancho springs are entirely responsible for that...those suckers are stiff! No body roll at all. The down side of course, is that flex is very limited.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
2Broncs said:
The Rancho springs are entirely responsible for that...those suckers are stiff! No body roll at all. The down side of course, is that flex is very limited.
Yep I got Rancho Springs and Quad shocks... Tight as a Nuns ass..... :thumbup

·
tired of your sh!t
2,880 Posts
94 XLT BRONCO said:
Tight as a Nuns ass..... :thumbup
if you're talkin catholic...I suspect due to their adversion to(birth control) condoms....it's not her ass thats tight :toothless

1 - 20 of 31 Posts