Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in DC for Christmas with my family, woohoo for vacation. Today we took a 9 hour Grayline tour of the city, it was great. We rode by the Smithsonian on the way back to Union station and decided that's the plan for tomorrow. I'm excited the planes hanging in there looked awesome and that's only one of the many cool things too look at in there. Anybody around here that wants to go that would be sweet to meet a fellow FSBer. The family and I got over 300 pics today on the tour, everything from the Capital, Whitehouse, George Washington estate, Arlington Cemetary, all kinds of cool stuff. It was a great day.

Here's a couple pics

Plenty more but I dont really feel like uploading them all. If you want a pic of something here let me know. I'll probably have as many pics as I can get from the Smithsonian if they let me.

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
cool deal, I havent been to DC since I was around 14, everyone should visit at least once, thanks for the pics :thumbup

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dsotmoon said:
cool deal, I havent been to DC since I was around 14, everyone should visit at least once, thanks for the pics :thumbup
I've only been here 24hrs so far and I know I want to come back.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
How about a pic of a D.C. Hooker? ;)

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
ToddACimer said:
I've only been here 24hrs so far and I know I want to come back.
me too, my son will be 14 in Feb so I hope to get him there in the next couple years, that way me and my wife get to see it from "older" eyes this time around, i was there for a week when i was younger and i still remember parts of the white house tour, the Smithsonian and Treasury dept

its like going to New York (for me anyway) you cant really see everything in a week

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,038 Posts
Gimme some pics of Georgetown please. have not been there (drinking) since my high school days (Potomac, Winston Churchill HS CO1984). Wonder if they still let in 16 year old blond boys using a license from a 24 year old rasta island friend with large fro? oh well, life was fun then. Poor kids these days.

·
OOPS GIVE A DAMN IS BROKE
8,922 Posts
hey i got a big big big favor to ask of you. can you please go to section H and headstone number 517. it is the headstone of lcdr micjael speicher. he was a shipmate during the gulf war and the only member of the crew we did no bring home. if you could do this for me it would mean so very much to me.

thank you
john

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gearrat said:
hey i got a big big big favor to ask of you. can you please go to section H and headstone number 517. it is the headstone of lcdr micjael speicher. he was a shipmate during the gulf war and the only member of the crew we did no bring home. if you could do this for me it would mean so very much to me.

thank you
john
We dont have plans for tomorrow and it's supposed to rain so my dad and I are going to head back over there. If we get a map of the place it shouldnt be too hard to find. :thumbup

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
Also Todd.........

If you're into planes and such, go see the new Smithsonian Air and Space storage facility/museum over at Dulles Airport. In my opinion, it puts the Smithsonian A&S on the mall to shame.

.........and for a good time. Go to the "Spy" museum.

Oh yeah... the Holocaust Museum. Its something everyone should see at least once.

Happy Holidays and have a good time!

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ironclad said:
Also Todd.........

If you're into planes and such, go see the new Smithsonian Air and Space storage facility/museum over at Dulles Airport. In my opinion, it puts the Smithsonian A&S on the mall to shame.

.........and for a good time. Go to the "Spy" museum.

Oh yeah... the Holocaust Museum. Its something everyone should see at least once.

Happy Holidays and have a good time!
We wandered through the Smithsonian American History museum today then over to the white house so we missed the Air and Space but if the one at Dulles is better I might just head there instead when we get more time next week.

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
awesome..those look alot like my pics from October when I had to go up there

·
OOPS GIVE A DAMN IS BROKE
8,922 Posts
ToddACimer said:
We dont have plans for tomorrow and it's supposed to rain so my dad and I are going to head back over there. If we get a map of the place it shouldnt be too hard to find. :thumbup

thanks alot...... you rock

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gearrat said:
thanks alot...... you rock
Went to baltimore today, that's a not so nice city. Going to try to get to Arlington tomorrow.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I took a lot more pics today.
DC from Arlington Cemetary at General Lee's house

These are for Gearrat, he's right behind the big pine tree

Smithsonian American History Museum pics

Air and Space Museum at Dulles

·
Registered
293 Posts
I work in DC. It's a great city. Just like any city it has it's good and bad sections. I just spent Christmas Eve there with my family, my sister lives about 2 miles from the White House.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Blue'87GT said:
How about a pic of a D.C. Hooker? ;)
Or one of the Mayor smoking crack.:rofl:

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Potamus said:
Or one of the Mayor smoking crack.:rofl:
You could probably get both in the same picture!:rofl:

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
gearrat said:
thank you very much. you have no idea what this means to me.
:thumbup :rockon No problem. We spent another 2 hours at the cemetary today. Checked out Lee's house, the womens memorial which also had a memorial to all the troops that have lost their lives in Iraq.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts