Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got sworn into the US army yesterday :usa . Im gonna be a Abrams Tank Systems Maintainer:rockon. Its gonna be strange being on the opposite side of the country since I have lived in Lynnwood my whole life. Im leaving for basic and AIT in the end of February. The physical wasnt that bad, had my blood drawn for the first time, which I was very nervous about cause the guy in there before me almost passed out. One part of the physical is horrable though. You have to let a 90 year old doctor feel your junk to make sure you dont have cancer or something.

Its cool what they did. They put you in a hotel room for one night with free food, vidio games, big screen TV, DVD player, Cable whatever. Bad thing was they wake you up at 4AM.

Got some bad news though, I will probably have to sell one of my trucks, which would be the bronco II. I know alotta you guys dont like the Bronco II's but when you put 1000 hrs of work into it you get kinda attached to it.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
what so your telling me you got woken up at 0400? thats a bunch of horse poo.....lol i got woken up at 0330 :goodfinge
yea i sworn into the Navy then end of August i leave August 17 2004
then i get to go to Florida for 54 weeks to train woohoo

·
Registered
90 Posts
1982bronco said:
what so your telling me you got woken up at 0400? thats a bunch of horse poo.....lol i got woken up at 0330 :goodfinge
yea i sworn into the Navy then end of August i leave August 17 2004
then i get to go to Florida for 54 weeks to train woohoo
well you always had to wake the Navy boys up half an hr early so they would be ontime:lolup haha Just kidding

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
What the hell were you thinking!?! Why didn't you come talk to us first? We could have hooked you up....everything your recruiter told you was a lie!

Congratulations....just remember this...during basic training everything they do no matter how stupid it seems is for a reason. look around at some of the people who are already in...always remeber if they can do it, so can you. Keep us updated when possible. Oh and I hope you enjoyed the hotel with the perks cause you will never see it again as an Abrhams crew member.....................................................................
..................................................................................
...............................................should have gone EOD...have I taught ya'll nothing!:banghead

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Big Mike C. said:
should have gone EOD...have I taught ya'll nothing!:banghead
If I went EOD my uncle would have killed me!

My Uncle was a MP for around 15 years. He went to the recruting office when I was there and talked with the guy about everything, and telling me what it would really be like.

during basic training everything they do no matter how stupid it seems is for a reason. look around at some of the people who are already in...always remeber if they can do it, so can you
Good advise! Ill remember that:thumbup

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
Mrit said:
Im gonna be a Abrams Tank Systems Maintainer:rockon.
Congrats your job is even more useless in the real world then mine is:banghead

It does sound fun though, dont get me wrong. If I had it to do all over again I would have tossed Electronics related stuff out the window and gone with something Im actually interested in, and something I can make a living on later.

Like Mike said if they can do it, you can too. They(DI's) are there to bend the crap out of you your job is to not break.

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
Mrit said:
You have to let a 90 year old doctor feel your junk to make sure you dont have cancer or something. Its cool what they did.
:wacko :doh: :shrug

Just playing with you, we're all proud of you! Give em' hell!

MM

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BuckN said:
where are you going you basic and ait...

Ft. Knox for both of them. 9 weeks for basic and 15 weeks for AIT. They said there is no way to know where I will be sent after that.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hey I just sold them 3 million dollars worth of networking gear! At least you'll be trained on a network that's state of the art...so you can access FSB without a hiccup!

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Big Mike C. said:
should have gone EOD...have I taught ya'll nothing!:banghead

damn right!! i went EOD-AO but its Navy so its a little different. i go to basic in Great Lakes, IL then i go to Pensacola, FL for AO training then i go to Panama City, FL for diver training then i go to Eglin (i think thats how it is) AFB by Tallahassee, FL. for a total training of 54 weeks (without basic) woohoo!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts