Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helping a friend change clutch in his 92 4x4 Ranger, Have everything ready to come out. Haynes manual says to pull off y pipe to get trans out. After 2 cays of soaking in wd40 can't get the 4 bolts to budge. Can't use heat too much oil covering engine. What's the best method to get em out? Bite the bullet and snap em?

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
WD40 doesn't have any decent penetrating qualities, it wasn't doing anything probably for the two days you were soaking it.

Use PB Blaster.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Just snap them off. I always find it a relief when they break because then I don't have to muscle them off the whole length of the bolt. Plus, now they can be replaced with new hardware.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Did you try and impact? even my the bolts on my front suspension came loose with a little wd40 and and impact. they would not budge with a ratche and a cheater bar.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Kroil

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
After soaking with PB for 24 hours, I used an impact to remove these nuts. Try not to break the studs unless you're replacing the manifolds with headers. Broken studs are a pain to drill and easy out.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
:beerPB Blaster worked great with 1 hour of soaking on three of the bolts 4th one snaped. got 5 of the header bolts to break loose 6th one almost snaped. anyway it's all back together and running. PB work great thanx.

would have used matches if it was an S-10

1 - 9 of 9 Posts