Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my neighbor has been bugging me nonstop about wanting to buy my top. I got it a few years ago off of Craigslist’s for 50 bucks and he’s been offering 300. Do you guys know where I can buy another one or what direction I can point him to? It says skyler on it and it appears to be new. But when I call the company I don’t get an answer

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think bronco graveyard sells a top like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
23,344 Posts
Yo Baloo,
Broncograveyard sells only the full top;
1980-1996 Ford Bronco FastTrac Soft Top (Black Diamond)

1980-1996 Ford Bronco FastTrac Soft Top (Black Diamond)

Images/9296softtop.jpg Images/35600.JPG

Item Number: 35600
Unit Price: $525.00
🎃🎃🎃

Drum roll please⚠
Following retrieved from 24 APRIL 2009 @ http://web.archive.org/web/20090424095957/http://www.skylercorp.com/
  • SKYLER!

Ford Bronco with Tan Skyler Soft Top

A convertible soft top for your Bronco, Blazer & Jimmy

If you haven't had the factory fiberglass hardtop off of your truck you are missing out on a lot of fun. The soft tops Skyler sells are the hottest thing around for the Bronco, Blazer and Jimmy. They enable you to have a sporty convertible, and yet are so well engineered you won't drill one single hole or make any modifications. So now it is easier than ever to go convertible!​
Un-bolt your factory hardtop
Bolt-on our unique soft top
Remove your factory fiberglass hardtop in just minutes. It's quicker and easier than you think. In most cases your owner's manual will show you how. If not just ask us.​
The specially designed frame bolts on to your truck using the same bolts from your factory hardtop. The durable vinyl soft top will attach to the frame in less than a minute!.​

Chevy Blazer with Grey Skyler Soft Top

Why take your hardtop to the beach when you can take this to the beach instead?

Go convertible!

The unique bolt-on hardware is custom stamped and formed to fit your specific vehicle. It is a heavy gauge aircraft alloy aluminum for added strength and rigidity. The individual pieces are pre-assembled and ready to bolt-on right from the box. In addition there is a durable UV resistant black powder coated finish so the frame looks great even when the soft top is off!​

Instead of using troublesome snaps, this top uses the newest high tech hook and loop fastener to attach the soft top to the frame. This fastening system is so durable it is guaranteed for 10,000 cycles of use! Unlike snaps, which leave large gaps in-between, the hook and loop velcro type fastener provides a continuous bond and a super smooth drum tight fit.​

The soft top is designed so it is easy to load and unload cargo. Plus the soft top extends to cover the top of the tailgate. This allows water to drain off the truck and not into the tailgate and window mechanism!​

Skyler Sport Top Prices and Applications

Application
Part No.
List
Skyler
92-96 Fullsize Ford Bronco​
25048​
$649.00​
$569.00
80-91 Fullsize Ford Bronco​
25047​
$649.00​
$569.00
78-79 Fullsize Ford Bronco​
35047​
$599.00​
$529.00
76-91 Fullsize Blazer/Jimmy​
45047​
$649.00​
$569.00

If you would like to place an order click on Order Products

Sport Top Options

Tinted Rear Window
This dark tinted window is the most popular option and will cut down on the Sun's harsh rays. It adds a hot look to your Sport Top. Available for all Sport Top models.​
Application
PartNo.​
List

Skyler
All vehicles​
Tint​
$21.99​
$19.98
Sport Top Storage Bag
Keep your soft top protected when it's off the truck with this Skyler storage bag. Available in cool white, with large blue SKYLER graphic.​
Application
PartNo.​
List

Skyler
All vehicles​
8523​
$34.99​
$32.98

Sport Top Colors
Black White Dk Blue Tan Red Grey​

I thought they had closed, but here is the current url @ http://skylercorp.com/index.htm but with same prices as 2009!!!​

·
Premium Member
34,860 Posts
They're highly sought after and weren't available for many years. I seriously doubt that they are, despite @miesk5 finding a link to a live page. If I had the money to blow, I'd try to order one myself... just to have it. If it's as I suspect... you stole it from someone that just didn't know any better. I wouldn't let one in good condition go for less than $600 and probably closer to $1k, just because they were so unique and desired by many Bronco nuts over the decades.

Of course... if Skyler is back in business and is selling these again, then I know what I'm asking for this Christmas, so let me know how it goes if someone tries to buy one now.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I know that the phone number doesn’t work, I just sent them an email. Hopefully I get a response

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wow, years ago when I had an '86, I bought a top just like that. Pretty sure it was a Skyler too. Loved it, but the only downside is that it makes the back seat unusable. Word of advice, cut a thin piece of wood just a bit wider than the bed, and bow it up between the bed rails. It'll raise the material up a bit and wont let rain puddle up in the back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts