Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suppose if I weren't lazy I'd look up under there and find a set screw to tighten things up, eh?

Man it drives me nutz and I keep forgetting to look for the set screw.

Is this a common problem? My fear is that I'll never get the shake out of it to my satisfaction.:banghead

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL! yeah....went out with screwdriver to see no set screw....just a hole in the dang plate that slides over the metal tang that glues to the windshield. Its jiggly partly due to the forkin' silicone glue I used to attach it back when it popped off last week in the hot sun.

Maybe I'll rip it back down, rebend the spring and reglue it with some epoxy or liquid nails or sumpin serious.

I already gots s compass and temp in my overhead console.....son't need another. I do like the auto dimming mirror but its not nearly as good as the one in my '97 mountainqueer......maybe a switchoroo is in order??!!

:chili:

·
crank trigger
8,151 Posts
jorjen said:
LOL! yeah....went out with screwdriver to see no set screw....just a hole in the dang plate that slides over the metal tang that glues to the windshield. Its jiggly partly due to the forkin' silicone glue I used to attach it back when it popped off last week in the hot sun.

Maybe I'll rip it back down, rebend the spring and reglue it with some epoxy or liquid nails or sumpin serious.

I already gots s compass and temp in my overhead console.....son't need another. I do like the auto dimming mirror but its not nearly as good as the one in my '97 mountainqueer......maybe a switchoroo is in order??!!

yeah, do it with epoxy. i have seen some stuff at auto store specific to RVMs that will be nice and solid no matter the temp. sorry for the misdirect there dude. :brownbag

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
jorjen said:

Sounds like the set screw is missing, btw it takes an Allen wrench, get a combonation set for about $5 at any WalMart, Advance, Zone, etc...

Not TORX, its ALLEN. Then get a screw. Fixed. Welcome.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
hey myfullsize. read whats in bold.

Steve83 said:
No screw on a factory '94 RV mirror; just a spring clip inside. If the clip is bent, you can try to bend it back so it's tight, but you're probably right about it never being solid again. Fortunately, they're easy to find at the junkyard, but VERY easy to upgrade to a compass or temperature mirror. There are plenty of threads about upgrading (including the Explorer OH console thread in Tech Writeups), so do some searching.

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
jorjen said:
LOL! yeah....went out with screwdriver to see no set screw....just a hole in the dang plate that slides over the metal tang that glues to the windshield.

this is where MFS got the set screw from

1 - 10 of 10 Posts