Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Eddie Bauer Bronco 5.8L, E4OD, Manual Warn Hubs, Auto Transfer case, 3.55 open diff, 31” BFG’s
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is proper section.

My uncle bought a F250 back in 1979 and the truck has been infamous among all of my dad and uncles growing up. All of their best stories came from hunting/fish or other activities all stemming from this truck. Growing up hunting and fishing with them, hearing all of these stories retold time after time and being an avid blue oval collector myself, naturally I've been trying to buy the truck from him for the better part of a decade or two. He just recently informed me that he will be giving me the truck with the understanding that I rebuild it for myself and my daughters and not to resell. I'm super pumped to start tearing into it and getting it back on the road. It has the 400 which is built and he guestimates it has a little over 400hp, 4spd manual and 3.76 gears with front and rear lockers.

Pictures don't really do it justice as the body has no rust or cancer, just surface rust on undercarriage and lots of mildew on the body because it's been in Seattle area it's entire life. Will be building a build thread on it as I'll be restoring my 95 Bronco alongside the F250.
Vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle registration plate Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Car

·
Registered
1992 EB Bronco, 351W, E4OD, 3.55, 33x10.5 mostly stock at this point
187 Posts
That will be a fun project!! One of my fav rigs, always enjoy seeing one getting put back to its prime.

·
Super Moderator
30,629 Posts
Yo Zach,
Here's the 1979 Bronco/F Series Electrical & Vacuum Troubleshooting Manual by Ford via member Ziggy⚠ @
1979 Ford Bronco Wiring Manual pictures, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net
It shows Electrical component location, operation, troubleshooting, with wiring and vacuum diagrams.

Ford Shop Manual Diagrams: 1978-1979 Full Size Shop Manuals, partial @ Technical Diagrams Archives
My Tablet takes hours to download, so try the first in this list as long as you have Adobe Acrobat 9 or later installed.
Includes:
Wiring Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Rear Lights Diagram
Motor Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes Air Cleaner Diagram
Chassis Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF
This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes '78 Brakes Diagram, Gas Tank Setup Diagram
Body Manuals & Diagrams Download PDF This complete manual for the 1972-1979 Ford Bronco Includes; Upper Body Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, heater Ducts Diagram, Tailgate Diagram, Console Diagram, Front Clip Diagram, Grill Setup Diagram, Heater Controls Diagram, Interior Trip Diagram, Rear Sheetmetal Diagram, Tiltwheel Diagram, Tire Rack
Let me know if the downloads are worth the effort.

Partial Chilton Manual for 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981 Bronco. Scanned by broncocity.com @ Bronco City

See Bubba's M-Block Ford V8 Workshop by Dave Resch

Baba Looey's Favorite FSB Links (lots and lots of tech links) including, "how do I get the tailgate glass to...", etc.
Have fun!

·
Registered
1986 Eddie Bauer 5.0EFI AOD Full length headers Y pipe into single 3" Magnaflow 3" factory exit
1,393 Posts
Very cool, I love these old trucks!! I would suggest oiling the cylinders, carb linkages, then just let it soak in while you focus on a good cosmetic cleansing inside and out & underhood, to make it as presentable as possible inside & out. This will give the engine & all the pivots time to break any rust loose, and they are much more enjoyable to wrench on when they arent covered in all the build up of the nasty stuff they aquire while sitting, plus it will honor & show all the natural patina it has earned from the dad & uncles over the years. Then you can dig in from there.

Keep us posted on your progress!! (y)

·
Registered
1995 Eddie Bauer Bronco 5.8L, E4OD, Manual Warn Hubs, Auto Transfer case, 3.55 open diff, 31” BFG’s
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love the turbine wheels. Unusual to see them on a 3/4 ton. Most of the survivors seem to be the 1/2 ton varieties.
Agreed, I love them as well. Problem is they are a 16.5 wheel so tires aren't as easy to come by.

·
Registered
1986 Eddie Bauer 5.0EFI AOD Full length headers Y pipe into single 3" Magnaflow 3" factory exit
1,393 Posts
I like the look of 18's more myself & i don't go off road so that would be my choice. On the other hand, a 17 will have more sidewall which will be better for off road if that helps with your choice. Also tire selection, may differ between those two sizes, so that is something to consider as well.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the look of 18's more myself & i don't go off road so that would be my choice. On the other hand, a 17 will have more sidewall which will be better for off road if that helps with your choice. Also tire selection, may differ between those two sizes, so that is something to consider as well.
I definitely need to do some research. I tend to go with the smallest wheel possible to get the most tire. It's got an old 4" lift on 35's so for now I may go with some super swampers since they still manufacture for the 16.5" wheel.

Reactions: BigBlue 94

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
17,617 Posts
Yep interco/swamper is the easiest 16.5 tire to get. Or check the local farm store/co-op. Or heavy truck shop.

My 78 has the lovely lichen growth too. But far more cancerous rust...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts