Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
I believe they are but check any one of these sources:

www.fordfuelinjection.com has a great pictoral on DIY injector cleaning...
www.broncolinks.com

In 2008 I swapped in a new 302 EFI long block so naturally I wanted new injectors and I got a very high quality reman set of 8 injectors from "Percision Auto Injectors" in Florida because their advertising, customer service and packaging was stellar which also included a signed flow and impedence test sheet, shipped in 3-4 days for $125.00 total, 100% money back guarantee using Google check out.

Make sure when you go to install the injectors with new O rings you use a little motor oil on them so the slide into the lower intake and fuel rail with "chaffing or brusing" you know....it's easy to do ..

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont need new ones I had to install a lower EFI intake manifold in and had no clue about the injectors just ripped out the fuel rail dropped new manifold in and put fuel rail back on. Now I have a few leaky Injectors. I think. I lose fuel pressure almost immeaditally after shutoff. mine have only around 150K miles on them

·
penis
3,318 Posts
Did you install them on the injector before hand or did you force them on? Did you spray them to lube them? Are the injectors fully seated?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didnt put new o-rings on when I put the new manifold on I yanked the fuel rail from old one and threw it on new one just pushed it down and tightened the bolts. Now that I have done research this is NOT the way to do it lol. Im pretty sure I damaged a few O-rings

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yanked the fuel rail and injectors all injectors stayed on the rail but I didnt check to see if the O-rings came with the injectors or stayed with the old manifold

·
penis
3,318 Posts
Pull the old O-ring goto the hardware store get new o-rings same size lube them up WD-40 works put the injector in and follow the correct procedure for installing them. This should work let us know.

·
#1 Asshole
1,452 Posts
The tops and bottoms are the same and cheap too! Just make sure you lubricate them when you reinstall or you will ruin them.

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
Well go back and take off the upper FI plenum and start over, disconnect the inline fuel line there, there's a special tool you'll need for that coupling and "Garter Spring" safety lock. Then carefully lift up the fuel rail off the injectors FIRST then pull out each injector from the lower intake, replace with new O rings again...lol lol.....BUT use a little "motor oil" so the O rings fit on the injectors easily and go into the lower intake holes without any damage....simple......

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,125 Posts
As said before, lube them upon installation, I use motor oil on the tip of my finger. Also, make sure there's no left over o-rings in the bores or the rail.

·
#1 Asshole
1,452 Posts
FELPRO part number ES70599 $3.49 for 1 pack o-rings requires 2 packages for a total of $6.98 these prices are from autozone.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
FELPRO part number ES70599 $3.49 for 1 pack o-rings requires 2 packages for a total of $6.98 these prices are from autozone.
Those only have four 0-rings I think. Anyways I never installed injectors b4 and I didnt even make sure the injectors still had the O-rings on when i reinstalled it in the new manifold. Just stuck them in and hoped it would work

·
#1 Asshole
1,452 Posts
Those only have four 0-rings I think. Anyways I never installed injectors b4 and I didnt even make sure the injectors still had the O-rings on when i reinstalled it in the new manifold. Just stuck them in and hoped it would work
The pic only shows 4 it is 8 use 1 pack for 4cyl 2 packs for 6 or 8 cyl and that does top and bottom changed mine recently with the same stuff I only used 2 packs got a 5.0 did top and bottom

·
#1 Asshole
1,452 Posts
Thanks for the info man
No problem thats what we are here for to help each other out when we can. I am very knowledgeable with mechanics but still find my self asking questions here and get great responses thanks everyone.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Unfortunatly the autozone package only comes with 4 each so I had to buy 4 sts for 3.49$ no biggie. Got the O-rings and the upper plenum gasket set. So gonna try to do the job tomorow hopefully I can get a friend to help

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know how to get the intake off Ive done it twice Im waiting for tomorow because I might have a friend able to help me. It seems If I do things by myself I rush it to get it done faster. Wich usually means improprly

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
There's an injector cleaning procedure on www.fordfuelinjection.com which gives you an idea of what everything looks like if nothing else, a picture is says a lot. :doh0715:

Do you have a Haynes Repair Manual, if not go get one ASAP ...and save yourself a lot of frustration...:doh0715:

I posted two tech sites for you to check for reference, what did you find there regarding fuel injectors and O rings......? :scratchhe

If you do a little "homework", ie: pre game planning first before you make an attempt to do something and you won't be so inclined to "rush to get things done". The only way you learn how to get it done right is to TAKE YOUR TIME and THINK about what you're doing so the next time it'll be easier. :doh0715:

Having someone help or keep you company is fine BUT eventually you need to become self-reliant and gain experience working on your own vehicle. :rockon

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The reason I would rush it is I would need the truck the same day or the next day. and if I have somone thre to slow me down I will work better and faster

1 - 20 of 28 Posts