Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
imdabes
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm putting in new injectors right now and tested the new ones and stuck the left bank in and noticed they feel a lot looser than the the stockers. I'm pretty sure its because of the caps but I just want to double check.

It feels like they seal into the manifold and fuel rail just fine.

Here's the picture of the two side by side and in the rail.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,210 Posts
Wouldn't worry about them being loose, as long as they're seated the whole way..You'll know if they've seated properly by the way it feels when the o-ring pops down into the manifold. Did you use some clean motor oil the o-ring before installing?

·
imdabes
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rings were pre-oiled and sealed in plastic bags so I didn't add more.

Here's a questio n though, I was under the understanding that the pcv valve went right into the valve cover, but mine has a round valve with a 90degree elbow that the pcv sits in. The grommet was bad so I've got to go get a new one and some intake cleaner to clean the manifold and tb while their off. Putting the part number in google yields nothing, any idea what this is? It appears to just be a second pcv valve

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Rings were pre-oiled and sealed in plastic bags so I didn't add more.

Here's a questio n though, I was under the understanding that the pcv valve went right into the valve cover, but mine has a round valve with a 90degree elbow that the pcv sits in. The grommet was bad so I've got to go get a new one and some intake cleaner to clean the manifold and tb while their off. Putting the part number in google yields nothing, any idea what this is? It appears to just be a second pcv valve
It should be just a PCV and an elbow.
What size engine do you have? This might help you, compliments of Steve83. Look at the pic in the lower right corner.
What part number are you trying to Google?

http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/829913

·
imdabes
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I've got a weird circular valve sitting right on the valve cover, then an elbow that the pcv valve sits in, then the hose to the intake.

·
imdabes
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/72742
It looks just like this round deal sitting on the valve cover in this photo.

Anyway, I'll take a photo tomorrow, I started the truck up after putting everything back on and its running like complete ass, so I strongly suspect the intake gasket is bad. I didn't RTV it except the corners so probably my fault. PO had real short bolts in there too so I'm going to have to find some new ones

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/72742
It looks just like this round deal sitting on the valve cover in this photo.

Anyway, I'll take a photo tomorrow, I started the truck up after putting everything back on and its running like complete ass, so I strongly suspect the intake gasket is bad. I didn't RTV it except the corners so probably my fault. PO had real short bolts in there too so I'm going to have to find some new ones
That is just the breather on the valve cover in the pic in your link and not the PCV, besides thats a 6cyl. I'm assuming you have a v8 so you need to set up your PCV like the drawing in my link.
Some pics of your system would really help!

·
imdabes
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is just the breather on the valve cover in the pic in your link and not the PCV, besides thats a 6cyl. I'm assuming you have a v8 so you need to set up your PCV like the drawing in my link.
Some pics of your system would really help!
As soon as the sun comes up!

·
imdabes
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wouldn't start at all this morning. It has to be vac related though because I went to relieve fuel pressure this morning when I took off the manifold and it had no pressure, so the FPR wasn't activating I'm guessing.

·
imdabes
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm a jackass, figured out why it didn't start.

EGR wasn't even on the intake.

And 90% sure that yesterday it was having idle issues because one of the bolts on the intake backed out.

Going to grab a torque wrench this morning.

Steve, I put in the new grommet and that deal fits in fine now, so I doubt its the issue, but I'm going to clamp it anyway. Can that part fail?

·
imdabes
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Umm... Any part can fail. :shrug IDK what you mean. :scratchhe I guess if you add a clamp to a plastic part that wasn't designed to be clamped, you might damage it enough for it to fail in some way. :thumbup
What I mean is should I eliminate that elbow and round deal and just put the pcv right in the valve cover like everyone else's truck or keep it as is?

I can't remove the hose from the round part, it's either fused or not meant to be removed anyway. But what worries me ispart number f5te-6762-aa doesn't appear to exist. The little piece of hose is the same number with bb on the end.

·
imdabes
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Excellent, thanks brother. Pcv is still good and parts store didn't have any mc ones so I'm leaving it in. I grabbed the O'Reilly brand cuz it was two bucks as a spare but its got two vacuum nipples. You'd think being in California they'd have the correct parts for the stupid emissions junk here!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts