Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just started looking at broncos (1993-96 )...want one to take on the beach.. might want to sleep in it..i surffish ..waiting for a tide..could someone tell me how much room is there if i remove the back seat and move the passenger seat all the way up.. distance from back of passenger seat moved up to the tailgate closed ...ill lay plywood down to cover the foot well for the rear seat ..thanks

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
I havent actually measured yet but there is enough room, I took my back seat out and it might not be going back in cause I basically have a short bed pick-up with a top with all the room I have now. Tic, Everyone who goes to the beack wants to know why their truck is spitting out transmission fluid...... You will need the BIGGEST [email protected] auxillary trans cooler they have, Change your trans fluid AND your transfer case fluid ! you have been warned-

·
Registered
710 Posts
with the seat removed as long as you're not very tall you can stretch out back there and sleep. Just flipping up the seat does not give you enough room to comfortably sleep back there.

I removed mine and it hasn't gone back in yet! I see no reason for it, I don't have kids, so anyone else riding with me and the g/f can just take their chances in all my camping gear...

I'm still working on a tent to easily go back there, different from sixliter's tent though. I've got a kickA$$ prototype made, but I keep running into a wall trying to find good thick canvas. Soon as i find some good military grade canvas I'll be producing my tents.

·
Super Moderator
25,816 Posts
yo, great info!
and for posterity;

Interior in 92-96 (in mm)
Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at SuperMotors.net

======
Interior in an 83; "...The rear seat angles back, and the t/g angles forward. So a "B" measurement taken at the floor will be significantly different from one taken at the beltline. I just folded my seat open to check. From the t/g to the actual seat base (upholstery) at the floor, it's 39". But my '80-91 seat belt reels & the seat latch stick out the back, reducing it to ~36". At the beltline, there's only ~30" from the top of the t/g to the seatback..."
Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at Interior in an 83; "...The rear seat angles back, and the t/g angles forward. So a "B" measurement taken at the floor will be significantly different from one taken at the beltline. I just folded my seat open to check. From the t/g to the actual seat base (upholstery) at the floor, it's 39". But my '80-91 seat belt reels & the seat latch stick out the back, reducing it to ~36". At the beltline, there's only ~30" from the top of the t/g to the seatback..."
Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at FSB

==
By my pal, da Juice - Shadofax..
A= apx. 22" to the beginning of the wheelwell slope.
B= apx. 72" to the bottom of the seatback, course it's on a sliding track and this may not be all the way back.
C= 48" Bronco's are based off fullsize trucks, which were always meant to be able to haul standard sheets of plywood or drywall, which are typically 4' wide.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts