Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the opinion of the Carpet vs. Rubber Floor Mat vs. Line X. I guess I am leaning toward Line X but the lack of insulation from heat and noise is my biggest concern...The Rubber Floor mat is looking better.

BroncoXpense

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
rubber floor mats will hold water underneath them...Id go lineX

·
Registered
981 Posts
I like the idea of Line-X also, but the cost is a question mark for me. Has anyone done this or priced it?

·
Registered
84 Posts
there's tons of info on it bed lining. do a search. I have the rubber floor mat in mine and the floor is rusted underneath

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a price estimate of around $400.00 if I go black and that was everything from the front to the back and up the sides as high as I wanted. Color matching would be another $150.00 which I like but kinda pricey! :shocked

BroncoXpense

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
dont pay someone to do it if thats what your referring to, thats an easy job to do by yourself. Save a lot of labor money. If u feel safer letting some shop guy do it, go for it tho.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
I POR-15'd my floor, then laid 2 layers of FatMat/Peal and seal, a layer of good carpet pading and my pristeen looking original carpet over it.

Verry plush :toothless

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
carpets over rated..:goodfinge (I wish I still had my carpet alot of the time..it atleast covered the rust holes in the floor)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I could figure out a way to keep the carpet clean with a blow gun instead of a vac...I'm in...I just do not like putting new carpet in so that I can trash it with red mud...:whiteflag

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
search here for "Herculiner" and/or "Durabak." both do it yerself products that have been used by members here.

gonna Hurculine mine. did my bro-in-laws race truck (bracket drag) and it came out great. and it cut down on noise ALOT.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
I want to linex mine but my truck needs a lot of work before that will happen

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
BroncoXpense said:
I just do not like putting new carpet in so that I can trash it with red mud...:whiteflag
Back in 98, I had 6" of liquid red clay from a hole I was stuck in flowing over the floor board. Literaly my foot was under water to work the gas pedal.

Afte 2 hours, the CJ-7 finaly worked me out. Then I pulled the CJ-7 and the YJ that was with us out of the same hole.

Next day I took the cab carpet out, washed it with the hose, put it back in and it was good as new.

What.... It wasn't always a Mall-Crawler.
Hell I'v blown up 2 engins in mud holes :toothless

·
Registered
65 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I like the carpet for the comfort and I live in the desert so mud isn't a problem, sand can be vacuumed. but from what you saying about being in mud I would probably go with one of the spray/roll on liners that can be wiped clean or even sprayed out plus solve the rust problems I won't have. eventually i will probably do a liner underneath my carpet like gacknar to eliminate some road/exhaust noise but i need the exhaust first

·
Registered
940 Posts
Horizon said:
I'm doing both actually. I don't care much for the looks of a liner, but respect the need to stop rust. As such, I'm using the Duplicolor spray/roll in liner to seal and sound-deaden ($40) and covering that with a rubber mat ($215). Best of both worlds IMO.

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/truckbed.html

http://www.auto-interior.com/ford1.htm#Bronco

~Jeff
i would not waste my time with the duplicolor. i used it over new primer on a roll bar and it flakes off way too easy. i am glad i did the bar before i used it in the truck. i went with the herc kit ($79 at pep boys) and am very happy. it stuck like glue to the rust bullet i put under it.

·
Call Me Ace
1,953 Posts
i think the idea of doing a liner and then the rubber mats is a great idea! i might have to run with that one...
ace

·
Registered
745 Posts
herculine man all the way.
I have it in mine and it looks pretty savvy
wipes clean, but only prob w/ carpet is mud and chit sticks to it all the time and its a bitch 2 get off... bed liner you can wipe/ spray clean but its loud as hell if you have some loud exhaust

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm in the process of Herculining mine. Its pretty quick and easy. Don't pay somebody to do it for you for $400 when you can do it yourself for $60.

Thats right, I said $60. PEP BOYS has a $20 rebate for the Herculiner roll on kit. Of course I threw out my reciept before I realized it. :banghead

1 - 18 of 18 Posts