Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1995 Eddie Bauer- 351W
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this with my carpet for a little extra protection since I had decided to not add the mass backing to the carpet.
More Information for ACC 16562350

Has anyone installed this? The directions are a bit open to interpretation. I am guessing the 3rd piece goes under the back seat? The 2 front pieces are obvious.

Also, I read that the paper side should go up, so I am assuming the shiy side is the side that goes down on the floor? I am using a heat gun with pretty good results, but now I have to flip it over to have the shiny side down. Will the heat gun still be effective and let the material "mold" itself to the floor?

If anyone has installed this, let me know your tricks please. I only want to mess with this once. I would like the final carpet install to go smoothly, so prepping this surface and making sure it is pretty flat to the floor will pay off later.

Thanks

· Registered
95 EB 5.8
401 Posts
Unfortunately, I can not be of any assistance as I went with Kilmat when I did my carpet. That stuff worked great and was easy to install. Time consuming sure, but easy. I can honestly say it made a pretty big difference reducing sound. Granted, I may have added about 15 lbs of sweat as I did it in July / August in the Dallas area. Maybe that's why it worked so well.

I used something similar to what you are working with on a 63 Bug back in the day. I recall using a heat gun a lot to get it to mold correctly. I also made a lot of relief cuts to assist in getting the mold more in line with the bends and humps. I would not be afraid to use a lot of heat to get it bend properly. Just my .03.

· Registered
1995 Eddie Bauer- 351W
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, used Kilmat already. Putting this down for extra carpet protection and noise and heat protection in the passenger areas. Seemed like a pretty lightweight extra to throw in, and it was WAY cheaper that the mass backed carpet, which was not available in Medium Mocha either.

I will try the heat gun further. Seemed to work well yesterday, but I had it all upside down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts