Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your looking for a simple HO Alt upgrade, then you need to go to this web site www.4alterstart.com. It was so simple, if you can change your oil then you can do this. I change mine in about 30 minutes. You only have to splice one wire from your alt. wiring harness and add a power cabel that runs from your alt. to your battery or your starter solenoid. I have an 86 Bronco with a 351 and I know it was easy in mine. I'm just not sure how easy it woul be in a newer or older Bronco or one with a 6cyl or 302. The only thing that gave me any problem was the bolt they supplied for the lower mount. It was just a hair too big so it gave me a hard time adjusting the Alt. so the belt would be tight. Luckly I had a smaller bolt that worked great. Now I know some of you say that if your gonna but a HO Alt in might as well go all out . I agree, but there is such a thing as over kill. I don't need a 200+ amp Alt so why should I pay $200+ for one. The only thing I plan on running extra are off road lights and the 160amp will run those just fine. I can see the need for a 200+amp if your running all kinds of stuff, but I don't need one for my baby. I wish I would of taken some pics but I completly forgot about it so sorry for those of you that wanted pics.

http://fullsizebronco.superford.org/registry/vehicles/detail.php?id=3030

1 - 3 of 3 Posts