Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep...i finally got off my lazy butt and installed the mini-spool I bought a couple months ago :thumbup

Here's a few pics. The rest are on my superford http://www.superford.org/registry/vehicles/detail.php?id=3305&s=15712#content

Here's what comes with the Auburn Gear kit...i ordered it from Jegs

The rear end on jack stands

I kinda missed my the pan i was gonna use to catch the oil :brownbag

I had to grind a little off the c-clips so that i could re-install them once I put the mini-spool in

What i wouldn't have given for a lift--it was a little tight

It's IN :rockon

My "spacious" work space

It really doesn't ride all that bad....WOOOOO!!! :rockon :rebelflag

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Looks cool. Wonder why they made the 8.8 Mini spool in so many peices. My 9" was only 1 peice.

Hey what are the teeth for behind the ring gear?

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that's an "exciter ring". It's what the computer reads to calculate what the speedo shows, odometer, transmission shift points, etc...

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey---i just though of a question to those of y'all that already have mini's....how did you adjust your rear brakes up after you put the drums back on?

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
Back up really quick and jam on the brakes... If your adjusters work right.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Lucky duck, wish I was that easy for me. With 4:56 gears the ring gear is taller than the retaining pin in the center of the carrier and you have to remove the carrier, then remove the ring gear, THEN you can remove the spiders. Randys makes a special retaining pin with a v notch but you still have to do all the above before you can install the mini. Some have said you can just grinde the ring gear but :shocked .

Looks good and keep us posted. I am really interested how it acts on the street. I would like to put one in for summer and remove it in the fall.

Thanks for the pics. :rockon

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
looks like you should of had a block on the other side of the front tire so she wouldnt roll forward.

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've got the Superlift leveling coils, so...i donno how much lift somewhere around 1.5" I'd guess. The tires in the above pics are 32x11.5 Goodyear AT/S on 15x10 Outlaw II's. I also run 33x13.5 LTB's on 15x10 AR-767's :thumbup

·
Slow Noob
1,218 Posts
right now my bronco is stock height with the original coil and leaf springs. i think the springs might be starting to sag a little bit. i'm running 31x10.5x15 bfg all-terrain t/a tires on stock 15x8 rims at the moment. how much did the leveling coils cost and is it worth it? any kind of lift on the rear? how's the mini spool so far, better than limited slip?

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got the springs from JC Whitney, they were around $120 and included the offset camber bushings. The 33's wouldn't fit without them, so yeah, I guess they were worth it. I don't have any lift on the rear. I LOVE the mini spool! I swapped the LTB's onto it this morning and with them on the bko, I can't even feel the spool...it drives like it always has. It had open diffs from the factory, so i can't compare it to a limited slip but i'd recommend the spool over an aftermarket limited slip anyday.:rockon

Yeah, Shane was just showing a pic of the 33's
Here's another:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts