Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
That is really nice looking. Do they slide out for security?

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
That looks really clean. I recently got the OBS Interiors double din kit and am looking to put in an android head unit with a 10.1" floating screen. Not sure if that'll fit, though. I'm thinking the screen might be just too wide and hit the dash on the left side of the screen.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks good, does it require any cutting of the dash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, slid in tight. There isn’t a radio cage in our broncos to mount to...stock radio goes into place riding on a top bracket that can’t mount to new unit. I picked up a Metra install kit and used 2 screw on side brackets to secure and fit single din space. Only way to remove it is to take off dash trim and push from behind.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,916 Posts
so if your out bouncing around in the brush hows that thing keep from moving around and getting damaged?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With the wiring harness filling every bit of space, the tight space available between the back of stereo/defrost ductwork and the top of stereo against the stock radio top rail, It’s not moving. The brackets on the sides are a very tight push in. There isn’t room for any up and down play.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I didn’t want to go thru trouble installing a screen that wasn’t hd...so I paid big $$...995 from crutchfield

·
Registered
1996 Eddie Bauer Bronco with 5.8 V8 Automatic, with roll cage. Taylor, Michigan
88 Posts
That's super sexy though. I've looked into them, you can get backup camera's to work through them and sorts of things. Bit pricey, but if your Bronco is your baby, why not?

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
2,324 Posts
Reactions: CO_89

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
2,324 Posts
Reactions: TS 90F150

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
How is the performance of your Pioneer head unit? Is it pretty snappy? Does it ever lag? Also, is the screen centered or shifted to the right some? If it's centered, is there an additional 1/4 inch of space between the left side of the screen and the dash next to it?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.