Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 bronco with a 2.5" lift . the alingment shop says I need drop brackets to properly aling it. My question is; Do I attempt to install the brackets myself or should I pay them to do the install? I already purchased the brackets from Tuff Country along with new urathane bushings. If I do the install myself whats the easiest way, and what special tools do I need if any? The Shop says they have done them before and it takes them about 3 hours( $65/hr x 3 = $195 ). Is it worth the money for the shop to do it, incase there are any problems. Any and all help would be great.

·
AKA Joe
1,109 Posts
If the alignment is included in that price I would say it may be worth it . But if not it's not that hard to install them , no special tools just a little muscle .

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was just under the truck . Whats the easiest way to remove the rivots on the drivers side bracket? Grind them off?

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
the best way to get the rivets off is to grind the heads off, drill a couple small holes through the rivets and then knock them out with a air chisel.

at least thats how i did it. :shrug

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Andy351 said:
the best way to get the rivets off is to grind the heads off, drill a couple small holes through the rivets and then knock them out with a air chisel.

at least thats how i did it. :shrug

Show off. :iiss

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
I don't think he was showing off I bet he's just to weak to hit a punch hard enough to make the rivets come out..

Oh I did try the air chisel to knock mine out. But I don't tihnk my little compressor puts out enough PSI. Thats the last time I let me old man by the compressor!!!:(

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
Bronco85 said:
I don't think he was showing off I bet he's just to weak to hit a punch hard enough to make the rivets come out..
well, when you have a hernia and a thrown out back, yes i am too weak. :brownbag

i also had a compressor sitting 10 feet away from me and a $10 air chisel to use. so why not. and there wasn't a lot of room to swing a hammer since i didn't move the beams out from under the truck. if you can move the beams out from under the truck, it gives a lot more room to work.

·
Registered
562 Posts
If someone will do it for $200, it may be worth it. I did mine and it's not too bad, but $200 would temp me to have someone else bust their ass. Talk them into doing it for $150 and you'll be happy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.