Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am installing a dana 44 in to my 89 bronco i am moving it forward about 6"
i was wondering if anybody has pictures of doing this and also was wondering about the hydro steering step up are you using the factory pump or switch to saginaw thanks in advance

·
I killed Kenny...again
3,258 Posts
:stupid what he said. why so far forward?? its gonna be tough, since the xmember gets in the way, and 6" forward i believe is going to run you really close, if not on top of the steering box.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
When I installed the D44 in my Ranger I moved it up about 3", but that was so I could reuse the stock front d-shaft. Moving it up 6" is gonna take some major sheet metal modification, not to mention steering issues.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have no front fenders full tube frontend plan on using hydro steering
with the hydro are you still using the pump or switch to saginaw
also using a dual ram or single with crossover bar?

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
bfox22 said:
i have no front fenders full tube frontend plan on using hydro steering
with the hydro are you still using the pump or switch to saginaw
also using a dual ram or single with crossover bar?
A SAG pump is the about the only pump type of pump that will flow enough GPM to push a ram.

I have one of their 1400 series pumps but I have not switched to it yet. Currently I'm still running my ported Cardone pump with a PSC can on it. I plan to switch to the PSC pump when the Cardone unit dies...or when ever I feel like taking a bath in PS fluid again.

I'm also running one of their ported steering boxes.

Go here>>>http://www.pscmotorsports.com/

Here's my set up...it's 1 finger steering at it's finest.

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
Ive got to say that tom at PSC does a WAY better job on the gear boxes than matt at WTO. chevybutt had Tom do his and it is very nicely done.

6" is a ton to move that axle forward. You are going to have to work to get the coil bucket and track bar mounts in there. i m looking forward to seeing it tho, and the tube work.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes to move all foward alot of work got it tore apart right now and starting on the cage soon then moving to the front. I am going full hydro look like yours is hydro assist but looks good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts